If you want to have a successful affiliate business, you’ve got to learn more about Amazon Associates or the Amazon affiliate program. It’s a great way to monetize your blog or website. The steps to get started include signing up, approval, and placing Amazon affiliate links on your site. You can earn an average of four percent commission per product a consumer buys. But, how can you attract people to buy the products or use the services you endorse?
In this post, you’ll learn some helpful tips for Amazon Affiliate marketing. You can also check sites like journal-review for more ideas on how to market your affiliate business. Let’s get started.
Build Your Links
Using Site Stripe
Amazon is offering different options for creating banners and links, through Site Stripe, so you can promote your affiliate business. It’s a great way to also generate leads for your website.
Once you have chosen a niche to endorse on your site, it’s time to start your Amazon Affiliate marketing campaign. Choose the applicable Amazon products related to your niche. For instance, if your site is about wearables, gadgets, and tech devices, know the top products and get a personalized link through Site Stripe.
- It’s a gray stripe located at the top of the screen when you log in as an Amazon Associate.
- You can use Amazon’s Product Links tool so you can build customized Text Links, Image only links, and Text and Image links to Amazon products.
- Make sure that your links contain your Associate tag so you’ll get paid for qualifying revenues that come through the link.
- You can enhance your product links by using product previews.
- Use stylish graphical banners for Amazon product promotions and categories. There are different sizes and shapes of banners available.
- Site Stripe allows you to build your Associates links from Amazon.com pages. It’s an easy and quick link building method when browsing Amazon. It’s easy to configure, compatible with product links, and provides you short-cuts to reports and Associates news.
Write a Product Review
Starting a business in Canada is a good idea through an Amazon affiliate business. If your niche is about wearables, write product reviews about smartwatches to give Canadian consumers an idea of the best features, benefits, drawbacks, and education on how to use a specific brand of smartwatch.
Here’s how to blog your review:
- Click on the blog posting link.
- If you’re using WordPress, you’ll see two link codes in the posting form. One link that ends with “Associates Build-A-Link >< /a >,” and the second part is the product link with your built-in Amazon Associate ID.
- Now it’s time to write your product review by choosing the appropriate categories and then click ‘Publish.’
Participate in Online Communities
You’ll find a lot of online communities where specific topics are being discussed. For instance, Quora is an excellent platform to ask and answer questions, and at the same time a good venue to promote your Amazon affiliate business. However, you can’t just post your affiliate links anywhere because online community sites also police spamming.
Here are some tips and tricks to avoid being tagged as spam:
- Answer queries or posts a question one at a time. Too many links are automatically recognized as spam.
- Also, you can post relevant content to your site and your social media channels.
- Use a logical flow of your links embedded to relevant anchor texts.
Utilize Social Media
You can’t deny the fact that social media is one of the best digital marketing strategies to promote your Amazon affiliate business. You’ll find a lot of niche communities or groups on Facebook alone giving you opportunities to mingle with your target audience through relevant posts, comments, sharing, and likes.
- Create a Redirect Link: It’s better to create a redirect link than using your affiliate link to avoid your target audience from feeling sketchy. It’s also cleaner and more straightforward to entice more clicks.
- Focus on the Content: Your posts should be informative, entertaining, helpful, and valuable to your target audience. For instance, post useful tutorial videos on how to use the features of a smartwatch or wearable gadget to show practicality, reliability, and flexibility.
- Use Images: Use clear or high-definition photos and videos because social media platforms have a visual audience.
- Professional Photos: Affiliate marketing posts naturally draw the attention of your reader by using the power of professionally-taken photos.
Marketing your Amazon affiliate business in Canada is quite similar to other places, except that your target audience is Canadians. That’s why social media marketing is a helpful tool to reach your target audience because of demographic-targeting tools you can use. Of course, you can also promote your business directly through your site via helpful articles and blogs using your Amazon Associates links or ID.