Canada has become the favorite destination of almost every individual aspiring to upgrade their educational qualification and progress in their career. The reason is not only the welcoming policies and programs proposed by the government but also the exquisite opportunities it offers. However, many have been victimized by fraud agents who promise lucrative offers and then disappear after getting paid. Let us look at the reality of job searching in Canada and how can you avoid getting scammed.
Are There Good Career Prospects for Immigrants in Canada?
Currently, due to multiple reasons including the pandemic and an aging workforce, Canada is combating the labor crisis by undertaking welcoming policies and programs for immigrants. The Immigration Levels Plan set for the year 2022 is willing to welcome about 430,000 new permanent residents by the end of the year. Moreover, a number of provinces like Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are being opened up for immigrants to work in.
The estimation done in the year 2021 showed that immigrants in Canada consist of a total of 13% of services in the accommodation and food sector, 11% in the professional sector, and about 10% in the manufacturing and transportation sector. Thus, it has become necessary for the economy of Canada to deal with its labor crisis with constant immigrant welcoming programs and policies.
What Might Be the Reasons for Not Landing Good Jobs?
- Canadian employers demand work experience for taking in an employee for any kind of work. It is, therefore, necessary for an immigrant to have experience in their own sector as well as good knowledge of the Canadian work culture.
- Do not forget to make a resume according to Canadian standards to remain on the priority list of the employees. Also, it is necessary to upskill yourself for the role you are applying for.
- Immigrants are not always good at choosing the sector or the role they want to work for. Make sure you choose a work arena that is in demand.
How to Land Good Jobs in Canada?
There are various ways an immigrant can secure a job oneself in Canada.
- Express Entry Job Bank account: An aspiring individual can create a job bank account and apply for Canadian jobs. The Express Entry system appoints candidates on the basis of some criteria which includes age, experience, skills, etc.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): You may also apply for PR with proper skills, education, and experience through the PNP policy and get nominated for the process.
- Work permit: There are various work permits such as student work permit that allows students studying in Canadian institutes to engage in part-time work and many others. Such work permits can be used to get Permanent Residency status through some years of work experience.
How to Avoid Fraud Immigration Agents that Mislead?
While finding jobs is not very difficult in Canada, you can fall prey to fraud and scams. Internet, emails, and document scams are some of the most common forms of fraud that job seekers in Canada face. In order to be able to identify fraud websites and middlemen be aware of some of the ways of applying that are not authentic.
- None of the Canadian employers will request a cash deposit through a private money transfer service.
- Employers do not generally use free email services, such as Hotmail, Gmail, or Yahoo to contact employees.
- Employers won’t send you mail from a private link or in the form of an image.
- Nobody can guarantee an immigrant a visa except for embassies, high commissions, and consulates.
- No website asks for payment for sharing information and for submission of eTA applications.
- No caller will be asking for any personal details like date of birth, password, credit card, or bank details.
- No fees for consultation are asked in any other currency other than Canadian dollars at the official exchange rates.
- No Government application or service is available at a special offer price with a sense of certainty.
Check Out here, Jobs that an University student can land to augment his expenses
How to Ensure the Authenticity of a Website?
It is possible to avoid every form of fraud by being cautious and using your presence of mind while applying for job roles in Canada.
- Do not pay any form of fees to any private bank account. Fees are only paid for “Receiver General for Canada,” in the official exchange rates of the country (even fees in local currencies).
- Do not pay any kind of money for special deals with guaranteed Canadian jobs.
- Make sure that the website you are applying through is up to date and the same as the one that you have typed.
- You may contact a website owner over call to check the authenticity.
- Do not apply on websites that are advertised through emails or offer special deals.
- Upload your private information only when there is a padlock in the browser window or when the website starts with “https://”.
- Do not apply through emails that are not from the email account of the Government of Canada “gc.ca” or “Canada.ca” or without a formal greeting.
- Do not provide personal information over a call or through the mail unless you are sure.
- Do not click on random links through email before making research about it.
- Do research about the website you are applying through and look for prior reports regarding the website.
- Do not trust any middlemen who guarantee you jobs in Canada.
Fraudsters are constantly preying on immigrants who might not have enough knowledge and proper understanding of the country. Therefore, one must spend some time on research and take decisions skeptically to avoid every form of fraud. Yes, there are good jobs in Canada for immigrants. However, you must your best efforts to land them. Hence, avoid any application process that advertises itself as a shortcut to success.
These resources can help: