Immigration might seem to be an easy move for social and economic upliftment but when it comes to moving to a foreign nation, it is not always that easy. The most difficult one of the tasks must be the decision-making phase as it requires an individual to take a lot of factors into consideration. This article lists the countries that accept immigrants welcomingly and what makes them such a comfortable place for immigrants.
What Are The Top Immigrant-Friendly Countries And Why?
Countries are constantly trying to provide comfort and convenience to immigrants to bring about global development at the economic and social levels. Our approach to immigrant-friendly countries is determined on the basis of the following factors:
Job availability is one of the primary factors as the economic opportunities will determine people’s willingness to immigrate. Most immigrant-friendly countries, therefore, try to make job opportunities readily available to the immigrant population. Moreover, the need for immigrants also depends on the country’s increasing need for workers and service providers.
- Canada– The country is the most desired place for professionals willing to move forward in their careers. With an average pay of around $40,000, it has crossed the United States average annual income. Moreover, Canada’s aging workforce requires a large flow of immigrants.
- Germany– The technological and infrastructural developments have made this country a desire of many. The annual pay in these industries looms around $44,000.
- Spain– The country does not disappoint anyone willing to work with opportunities like working as an English teacher, serving the tourist body, and so on. Devilla, Barcelona, and Madrid come first on the list of work opportunities.
- Switzerland– Switzerland is said to have the best salary as well as a highly favorable environment. As per the records of HSBC, 82% of the total immigrants are said to have great opportunities with an average income of $203,000 every year.
- United Kingdom– The country has been offering jobs to a great extent as there is a skills shortage in the country. Around £27,000 is the minimum average salary paid to immigrants.
Ease of Immigration Processes
It is only when a country will have favorable immigration policies that individuals will be able to cross borders and get accepted legally. Therefore, countries develop favorable policies and programs to welcome immigrants to their countries.
- Canada– The Immigration Levels Plan framed for the year 2022 has set its aim to welcome about 430,000 new permanent residents within the country. The easiest method to get permanent residency is the Express Entry System.
- New Zealand– The Skilled Migration Program designed by the country’s policymakers welcomes trained and experienced workers who are below the age of 55.
- Australia- The country provides a wide number of welcoming and efficient Visas such as the Global Talent Visa, Skilled Nominated Visa, and many others. However, the workers must be under the age of 50 to get accepted.
- Spain– Spain becomes another easy-to-arrive country due to its North American Language and Cultural Assistant program. The program has been a welcoming opportunity for English teachers and tourist enthusiasts.
- Germany– In Germany, the Migration Act for skilled workers has made it easy and simple for immigrants to move and settle. The temporary resident permit for six months can soon be transformed into a permanent residence.
Quality of Living
For an Individual to settle down at a place, not only the economic establishment but also the living standards is a matter of concern. Today, all countries are trying to build a culture that is immigrant-friendly by providing good quality of life and living conditions.
- Canada– Almost all provinces are opening up for immigration in Canada. Canada considers itself to be a country that provides a friendly environment to every individual with its multiculturalism. The family class policies are aimed at simply reuniting families of immigrants.
- New Zealand– HSBC ranks the country as a part of the top three countries with good living standards for immigrants. The country provides good ecology, economic support, and great cultural diversity to live in.
- Switzerland– The high salary range for immigrants ensures great economic as well as political stability for the immigrants. Added to this is the healthy environmental condition which makes living quite comfortable in the country.
- Spain– The low cost of living and easy chances to buy real estate makes the country a desired place for immigrants willing to settle down as business owners. Along with this are the benefits of a good climate and great culture that makes the country such a favorite.
- Japan– Japan provides quite a favorable environment to its immigrant population being one of the top 10 safest countries in the world according to the Global Peace Index 2022. The country’s rich culture makes it all the more enriching for the immigrants.
Often individuals migrate for education upgradation and so to them, the opportunities available for developing their future become quite important. Countries are now offering great opportunities to students from different parts of the world to secure both their as well as the country’s future.
- Canada– Canada has not only made the cost of gaining education low but also highly returning for its immigrants. The students are also given student work permits to support their education.
- Germany– Around 47 out of the 500 world’s best universities are German universities making it a great foreign country for students willing to study and then work here.
- United States of America– With an international student population of 1,075,496, the USA is welcoming students of diverse cultures from all over the globe.
- United Kingdom– The country provides many benefits to its students such as the opportunity to develop language skills, a multicultural society, and so on making it a home for around 551,495 international students.
- Australia– The average population of international students is the highest in its student body with about 463,643 international students. The low tuition-free and its diversity make it all the more favorite among students looking forward to studying abroad.
While some countries rely on immigration to sustain their economy, others simply support immigrants as a part of their country’s policies. However, more or less all the above-mentioned countries are opening up their borders to welcome immigrants and bring about overall growth. Finally, it depends upon your preferences regarding where you want to settle for a better and secure future.