In recent times, it has become quite difficult for an individual to get approval for a Visa to Canada. Depending on the type of Visa applied, the processing time for a Canada visa varies between 15 days to 6 weeks. This is a long period considering the various situations of emergency that might occur compelling an individual to travel to Canada. Therefore, the provisions of an Canada Visa on emergency grounds has become a considerable help in such extreme situations of urgency.
Reason for the delay in the processing of Canadian Visa
The year 2022 has made Canadian immigration applicants quite irritated with the procedure of applying for a visa. Individuals have not been able to get their applications processed easily, having to wait for longer than otherwise needed. The factor behind such lengthy processing times is that Canada is required to process great quantities of applications coming from different categories. This is the main reason behind the delay.
What is an Emergency Canada Visa?
An emergency visa to Canada is a type of permission granted to foreigners which allows them to visit Canada within a short period in a situation of crisis. Therefore, the Emergency Canadian Visa makes legal provisions for traveling across the Canadian border for urgent reasons.
Situations that are considered to be a crisis
An immigrant receives permission for 1095 or more days of presence in Canada under subsection 5(1). Several situations are considered to be a situation of crises which includes:
- Death of a family member or someone nearby
- The purpose of visiting the court for legal reasons,
- In case of the traveler or a family member experiencing a serious disease
How to apply for Emergency Visa for Canada?
The Canada Visa Online can be regarded as an electronic travel authorization that provides a travel permit to cross the border to Canada. The authorization works for permission required within less than 6 months. The Visa Application process does not take much time and can be done within a very short period. The Canada Visa Application process is automated, simply processed, and operates through an online medium. The following procedure can be followed for the application for an Emergency Canadian Visa:
- In case you need an emergency visa to Canada for some urgent purpose you can request the Canada Visa Online.
- Once you visit the page make sure to mention the urgent reason for your traveling which can be the death in the family, sickness, or a court visit.
- A detailed indication of the purpose of the immediate need for travel on the application will help in gaining the better trust of the authority.
- After filling up the form to visit Canada on emergency grounds, you will be required to pay an urgent processing charge not demanded in other forms of visa including tourists, Business, Medical, Conference, and so on.
- Finally, complete the process by checking in all details before submitting.
Time required to get an Emergency Canadian Visa processed
An Emergency Canadian Visa can be generated Online which is the eTA Canada in a period of 24 hours to 72 hours. The period has been appropriated in a manner so that you can get permission in the shortest time possible.
Does one need to have an eTA even though one has a visitor’s visa?
You might be required to travel due to some emergency around the time of your planned visit. However, if you already have an approved visitor’s visa you are not required to apply for an eTA. Your approved visa is enough for you to travel.
Measures taken by the Canadian government to reduce the delay
The installation of a hiring ramp-up along with other tools for newcomers is one such step.
The total 2.4 million immigration applications have put a lot of pressure causing processing delays. As a response, the government of Canada has taken measures to reduce the timing for processing with the immigration department taking responsibility to do so on 24th August.
The provision of an emergency Canadian Visa has come as a rescue for immigrants who are traveling due to some unfortunate situation. This is most effective in the year 2022 when there has been a problem with the processing time.