Canada, 9th November: Canada is all set to welcome more skilled workers and immigrant families in 2017.
Yes, that is quite true.
Canada to welcome more skilled workers, immigrant families in 2017—Canada to welcome more skilled workers, immigrant families in 2017. Yes, that is quite true. Canada will be welcoming more skilled workers and immigrant families in 2017. So, that is wonderful news for aspiring immigrants and immigrant families wanting to come to Canada.
“ Canada will be welcoming more skilled workers and immigrant families in 2017. “
This has been revealed by Canada immigration minister John McCallum.
300,000 immigrants to be allowed into Canada in 2017—In the year 2017, Canada will be allowing 300,000 immigrants. Yes, that is true. The Liberal government will be welcoming 300,000 immigrants into Canada next year. This will help in boosting Canada’s economic development.
The earlier target was 260,000 from 2011 to 2015. This has increased to 300,000 due to special circumstances of Syria refugee crisis. It may be worth mentioned that the economic growth council had suggested increasing immigration levels to 450,000 in the coming five years period. But, it was rejected by Canada immigration minister McCallum today.
Increased levels for economic class—Increased Canada immigration levels for economic class have been announced.
- So, for the year 2017, entries for those in the economic class shall go up. This will be 172,500 for skilled workers, caregivers and business people. This is an increase from 160,600.
- In the family class category, the number of sponsored partners, spouses, parents, children and grandparents shall go up to 84,000 from the earlier 80,000.
- Targeted levels for newcomers through Federal Skilled Trades Class, Federal Skilled Worker Class and Canadian Experience Class is now up by 23 percent.
- Canada aims to welcome 51,000 new immigrants through PNPs(Provincial Nominee Programs).
- Quebec intends to welcome more than 29,000 immigrants through economic immigration schemes. This includes Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
- More children, parents, spouses, partners and grandparents will come to Canada through Family Class Sponsorship programs in 2017.
- Canada Economic Immigration will comprise a bigger share of overall Canada immigration in 2017 as compared to the year 2016.
Canada might welcome nearly 320,000 new immigrants in the year 2017.