Australia or Canada? Almost all the students willing to go out for higher studies have two minds before finalizing their decision. Both have excellent growth opportunities, the standard of living is high, facilities provided to the residents are amazing! Every student is different and comes from various backgrounds. Mentioned below are several factors that might help you make a final call!
The better country? Take a look
Several crucial factors can let you decide which one is better as per what you are looking for:
- Canada is the most prevalent location for education, visiting, and immigrating in the whole world. Students have a great life, with endless opportunities to learn and work. The country can boast of more than a hundred colleges with high ratings for courses like Engineering, Data Science and Nursing, etc.
- Canada has diverse ethnic, religious, and linguistic approaches. The students get a lot of generosity from the Canadian government in terms of help regarding scholarships and finances. No wonder it is considered the best on the globe for a living.
- Australia has gained a lot of popularity based on rich programs and global accreditations too. It is sought by many aspirants globally due to this reason.
- The students get to experience special courses, interesting life, and great learning with interesting content to study.
- It has some amazing opportunities for students who are hungry for research work. There are ample opportunities for students after completing their studies.
The scope and opportunities for work
Though both have interesting opportunities for the students who wish to work post studies. There are certain things you must consider:
Opportunities available in Canada
You get opportunities like practicing nurses, assistant managers, program analysts, pharmacists, teaching opportunities, and many more depending on your education and experiences. Canada has lots to offer.
Opportunities available in Australia
Jobs in the healthcare sector, accountancy, education, hospitality, and several other departments are available. You must note that international universities do not make it available to have on-campus drives and things like that. The students have to work towards getting employment and internships for themselves if they are not offered financial aid by the universities.
The costs that you have to pay for your living- Canada vs Australia
Check out the comparison of Costs- Canada and Australia
- The courses for under graduation would cost you around $11,000 and $ 32,000/- every year in Canada and $ 15,000 to $ 34,000/- each year in Australia.
- The boarding and lodging costs would be $ 11,000/- to $13,000/- each year in Canada and $ 18,000/- to $ 21,000/- every year in Australia. In both places, the courses last three to four years.
- The cost of pursuing the courses ranges from $21 to $ 42,000 and $35 to $55, 000 every year in Canada. In Australia, it ranges from $21 to $42,000 and $35 to $ 55,000/- for three and four years respectively.
- The prices for tuitions also range from $16 to $35,000 each year in Canada, whereas $21 to $ 38,000 every year. You can easily determine which place suits you based on the money that you would require.
Easy visa application procedure- Canada vs Australia
The country’s system of inviting applications is based on points and they have the skill sets that are desired by them. The screening procedures that Canada has are less strict in comparison to the procedures that Australia has. The work visa that is provided by Canada allows the students to work in secondary institutions thereafter the students have completed their studies. Students who pursue their post-grad programs are eligible to apply for visas for two years as well. All this also depends on the duration of the course that the students are pursuing.
Take on Permanent Residency- Australia is more demanding
If you are aiming for permanent residency do note that Canada welcomes applicants for permanent residency by allowing work permits during post-graduation. The population is less in comparison to many other nations which is why they are always in need of skilled professionals. This is one reason why it becomes easier to obtain permanent residency there. Australia on the contrary has strict checks and rigorous investigations about the background of the individuals by the immigration officials. They want to be sure that the people are not faking it. The procedure is a bit complicated and so takes time.
The lifestyle of both the countries is quite similar. They have immense diversity and safety. Australia is very hospitable and laid back, Canada on the other hand is very warm and straightforward as well.
The education in both countries is considered the best in the entire world. The strength-wise rank of Australia is 4th and Canada is in the 5th spot. Working while studying is possible in both countries. Working while studying in Canada is less burdensome than in Australia. Australia is more demanding and a bit expensive in comparison to Canada.
You have all the required information. You can choose the country you want as per your preferences.