Canada is the best destination for skilled workers to move permanently, there is another option to move to Canada as a temporary worker. To work as a temporary worker one need to have a work permit. To make life easy of immigrant, Canadian Govt. provides a temporary worker with many options of Work Permits. Hence Canadian Govt. has made easy to Earn in Canada as a Temporary Foreign Worker.
Earn in Canada as a Temporary Foreign worker- Even if you are not a Canadian Citizen-
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provides temporary workers a chance to work in Canada legally by providing them with work permits. One needs to have fulfilled following criteria to get Work Permit-
- Before filling application one need to have a job letter from an authorized Canadian Employer.
- An Employer must get approval from the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
- The future of work permit is in the hands of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
Special Visa offers for Special Work Types-
Govt. provide temporary work permit for the special work type such as Business People or Agricultural workers. Application for both the work types is described below-
Business People Work Type-
These are those people who come to Canada to do Work and can work only if they are eligible under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and other Free Trade Agreements. Under NAFTA one need not have permission from LMIA.
Under NAFTA there come Four Categories of Business people who are eligible to work in Canada-
– Business Visitors are those who all come to Canada for business activities but they are not a part of the labor market. Business visitor’s visa is valid for 6 months. Business Visitors dont need any kind of Work permit to work in Canada for Temporary time period.
– This category is for the persons of specific professions that are in demand like Accountant, Computer Analyst and engineer of any stream. One needs to have a work permit for such professions to work in Canada.
This category is for the persons who got transferred internally in a company.
Investors and Traders-
For this category, one needs to invest money or company in Canada or one should be playing at the Executive level of the company.
Another special kind of temporary workers is Agricultural Workers who need to have Work Permit to work Temporary in Canada. You need to have followed to be eligible under this category-
- One needs to be a citizen of Canada.
- You must be eligible to work under the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP) in Canada.
Eligibility for Temporary Work Permit- If you stay Already in Canada
- One needs to have a study visa or work permit.
- If one doesn’t have any then he or she can show his parents or spouse visa for the same.
- One needs to have a valid degree from a reputed Canadian University.
- One need to have residence permit with validity not less than 6 months.
- One needs to be in the line of permanent residency.
Temporary Work permits are not eligible to enter Canada permanently-
Temporary Work Permit doesn’t allow you to enter Canada permanently. If one needs to settle permanently one should apply under the category of Skilled Workers.
Can a temporary worker apply for Permanent Residency?
To apply for Permanent Residency as a Temporary worker in Canada, one needs to apply under the following category-
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)-
To apply for this category one should fulfill the following conditions-
- The temporary worker should have 1 year of work experience in his field in Canada.
- One should apply for permanent residency within 3 years of working as a temporary worker.
- One should be the sole owner of legal status in Canada while working.
- English proficiency must meet the minimum requirements.