Yes, isn’t it amazing that while traveling you can get a temporary work visa? This is possible only through the International Experience Class program which allows a person to work and live in Canada with a work visa which is valid for 1 or 2 years. The validity of the visa depends on which country you are from. Find out How – One can Travel in Canada and can Get Temporary Work Visa.
One can Travel in Canada and can Get Temporary Work Visa under IEC-
The concept of a Working holiday visa is very interesting as you can travel and meanwhile to sponsor your travel you can work. International experience class (IEC) has a written agreement with 30 countries and only those countries can participate in this program. IEC 2019 is about to come and this year they have made new changes like have introduced biometrics. So One can Travel in Canada and can Get Temporary Work Visa under IEC.
Eligibility criteria to apply under International Experience Class-
- The person should be from the country that has signed an agreement with Canadian Government under IEC.
- The validity of the passport is an important factor to consider as the work permit cannot be issued for more time than the passport validity.
- Age limit again depends on the applicant’s home country agreement with the Canadian government. In general age limit lies between 18 or 35 both inclusive.
- Initially, you need to have $2,500 CAD to sustain in Canada.
- With the same validity of the visa, one should have health insurance cover before entering the country.
- Should have return ticket before coming to the country.
- Dependents should be accompanied by the applicant.
Visas under IEC have other categories too-
- Young professionals– For the candidates who have a Post-Graduate degree and want to have working in Canada Experience. Pre-requisite for this is candidate need have a job offer letter from a Canadian employer.
- International Co-op (Internship) – For the candidates who want to do their regular internship while doing their Post- Graduation in their home country in Canada. The validity of the visa is 1 year and the candidate need to have a job offer letter from a Canadian employer.
It is important to register yourself as a Candidate for entering the IEC Pool-
For becoming a registered candidate of the pool one need to do the following-
- You need a reference code for opening the account which will be generated after the completion of Questionnaire of Come to Canada.
- Successful submission of the Questionnaire will generate a reference code.
- Create an account using that reference code.
- Create a valid IEC profile.
- After creating a valid IEC profile submit it and choose the pool. Here one thing to keep in mind is that eligibility to the pool depends on the agreement your home country has with Canada.
- Now, wait for the Invitation to Apply (ITA). After getting the invitation you have 20 days window to submit the required documents and to start the process for the Working Holiday Visa.
Working Holiday Visa- Draw will decide your fate
After creating the profile and getting the Invitation to Apply one’s application has entered the pool. At random people got selected from the pool by taking up the draws at decided intervals. But the catch here is the more early you apply, chances of getting the visa are more. Early apply will give you the chance to come in more intervals.
Procedure for Working Holiday Visa-
- 20 days window will be given to you after receiving ITA to process the documents for the Visa.
- Complete the formalities related to fees
- For the categories- Young Professional and International Co-op, the employer you are going to work with should pay the fees of CAD$230 in the window of 20 days.
- Your documents will get assessed by IRCC and if required they can put the additional request of documents.
- If everything goes well then the IRCC will issue a Letter of Introduction (LOI).
- LOI at the time of arrival to the country will be shown to the immigration officer.
- In return, the officer will present you with your work permit.