Whether there is a question of settling in or working or study in abroad Canada is the most chosen destination of the aspirants especially from India and secondly China. The number of the students enrolling for the Master’s degree has increased much time since 2007. In this article, you will every detail from cost to scholarship programs, in short, you will get Complete in and out of what you need for doing Masters in Canada.
What Canada has to offer to International Students? – A wide range of courses
The universities of Canada are all flooded with reputed faculty, facilities required for the research programs, training programs with the high scaled companies and different range of courses. Talking of the course let list major courses available in the Canadian universities-
- Business management and public administration
- Visual and performing arts
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Physical and life sciences
- Computer and IT
Top 10 universities you can enroll yourself in Canada
You will find the best universities in the 13 provinces of Canada. Here are listed top 10 universities you will find in Canada-
- McGill University
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- Universite de Montreal
- McMaster University
- University of Waterloo
- University of Calgary
- The University of Western Ontario
- Queen’s University at Kingston
Before applying for the visa the basic requirements required
- An applicant must have an excellent academic background.
- A valid certificate for the language proficiency test.
- For English one need to have required IELTS score and for French either TEF or DELF.
- Acceptance letter from recognized University.
- A study permit which will allow you to study as well reside in Canada.
Cost of studying in Canada-
The cost will not be only tuition fees but also includes the cost of living and the overhead expenses. This cost varies with your university choice, an area of living and the course you have applied for. As per the statistics, if we calculate the average tuition fees of doing Masters in Canada – it comes out to be CAD$16,252. But if we talk about the MBA programs they are bit expensive than this. Their average cost is- CAD$29,293.
Cost of applying for student visa CAD$150 and for the student’s visa it is required to have additional CAD$10,000 as an overhead expense but it is not enough you need extra for the living cost and expenses for health insurance.
Scholarships programs- for funding the expenses
To fund the tuition fees there are many government-affiliated scholarships for the foreign students. Also, many of the universities have their own programs to fund your study cost. Below mentioned are the scholarship programs provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development-
- Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship
- IDRC Research Awards
- Mitacs Elevate
- Mitacs Globalink Research Internship
- Mitacs Step
- Sauve Scholars Programs.
As mentioned above there are the programs offered for the international students by the individual university to support their study course, here are two examples of the same-
- International Tuition Award by the University of British Columbia.
- Tuition fee waiver program by the Universite de Montreal.
Canada has a lot to offer in terms of study and even work after study. The one who has some goals in life of achieving something, Canada is the best place to explore the opportunities. So manage your expense with the guidance of this article and apply for the above-mentioned scholarship to utilize every you are investing in coming abroad for study.