Canada is enriched with strong democratic and republic ideology. Thus a Canadian who is aged 18 years or more can bring his or her fiancé in this country through Canadian common-law partner sponsorship. Here is the brief insight detail of this process that might help a person who wants to live with their conjugal partner in Canada.
How you can get your fiance sponsored through Canadian common-law partner sponsorship in Canada
Love has no boundaries and a mere geopolitical intricacy cannot stop a person to love beyond his or her geographical boundary. Implementing the immigration and refugee protection policy Canadian government has shown support towards family reunification. Nowadays, Canada provides its citizens ability to sponsor their partner for immigration permit, after fulfilling certain conditions.
Eligibility Criteria to sponsor common law partner or spouse
An 18-year-old Canadian citizen can sponsor his or her common-law partner; however, there are several other eligibility criteria that have to be taken care of.
- Person who wants to provide sponsorship to his or her fiancé need to proof his or her ability for financial support
- Sponsored person and the Canadian citizen need to sign an agreement for providing financial support to any other relative who may accompany the partner
- An eligible sponsor must prove he or she is not bankrupt and able to support basic needs of sponsored person
- Sponsored person need to have valid identity prove along with legal ID that entails his or her nationality
- Common law partner and the sponsor must have to provide proof for conjugal relationship for 12 months or more
The eligibility criteria need to be satisfied by both the sponsor and the sponsored person.
Steps to Apply for Canadian Sponsorship for common-law-partner
Steps for applying to sponsor conjugal partner are as follows.
- First of all the applicant need to declare all details regarding his o her family members
- The applicant has to gather essential documents of the person, whom he or she is going to sponsor
- it is important to submit IMM 1344 undertaking certificate countersigned both by the applicant and the sponsored person
- Next is the submission of application fees for sponsorship. Depending upon the staying of partner amount of fee can be changed.
- In the last step, the applicant has to provide all essential documents related to him and his partner
Once the above procedures are done an applicant can start filling the application form.
Measures to be taken after Application Petition to sponsor spouse for immigration to Canada
Once the application is petitioned, it is important to validate the form by the immigrant authority. A barcode will be provided on the IMM 1344 and then the applicant will be asked to countercheck all the documents. While applying, the applicant needs to proof that his or her partner doesn’t currently live in Canada and he will abide by the Canadian laws upon arrival. Otherwise, the application may summarily get rejected.
Once the Canadian common-law partner sponsorship gets cleared, then it’s time to Prepare for the arrival of the fiancé. Upon arriving, sponsored person will be provided a temporary allowance to live in Canada and after a period of 52 weeks, the permanent resident status will be provided.