Canada, 8th March: Do you know about Canada permanent residency is being offered to interested immigrants? Canada government has announced that it is already accepting applications for Atlantic Immigration Pilot. Atlantic Immigration Plot program enables international student graduates and skilled workers wanting to stay permanently in Canadian cities of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Labrador, Newfoundland and PEI(Prince Edward Island).
In the year 2017, nearly 2,000 applications are going to be processed.
Canada permanent residency to interested immigrants under Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Atlantic Immigration Pilot has one program for international student graduates and two programs for skilled workers.
Canada permanent residency to interested immigrants Atlantic Immigration Pilot programs for skilled workers
- Atlantic High-Skilled Program
- Atlantic Intermediate-skilled Program
Education, job offer and work experience requirements depend on whether you are applying as an international student graduate or as a skilled worker.
Meanwhile, all other requirements happen to be the same for both international graduates and skilled workers.
Canada permanent residency to interested immigrants—Work experience requirement
For international graduates, there is no requirement of work experience under Atlantic immigration pilot. For skilled workers, not less than one year or 30 hours per week/1,560 hours in total are required within the last three years period. Such hours can be full-time/part-time or non-continuous. But they need to be not less than 1,560 hours.
The work needs to be –
- Paid(unpaid internships or volunteering don’t count);
- In one occupation but can be with various employers.
Skilled workers apply as either intermediate skilled workers or high-skilled workers. Intermediate skilled workers need work experience at NOC skill level C. High-skilled workers need work experience at NOC skill type level O, A or B.
For selecting the right job, you need to check the eligibility requirements. You must apply as a high-skilled worker if you are eligible to make an application for both. You can get experience from outside Canada or inside Canada.
Canada permanent residency to interested immigrants—Language requirements
You need to have the following—
- Not less than level four in Canadian Language Benchmarks in English or Niveaux de competence linguistique canadiens in French; and
- Need to take an approved language test that proves you fulfill the level for listening, reading, speaking and writing.
When you apply, your language test results need to be less than two years old.
Canada permanent residency to interested immigrants—Job offer requirement
You need to have an offer of job that should be—
- Full time
- From any designated employer in an Atlantic province
- Reviewed by the province.
The NOC(National Occupational Classification) and the job offer duration depends on your application.
Offers of job for high-skilled workers should be—
- Skill level O, A or B
- Last not less than one year
Job offers for intermediate skilled workers need to be—
- Permanent or indeterminate
- Skill level O, A , B or C
Job offers for international graduates need to be—
- Last for not less than one year
- Skill level O, A, B or C
Your offer of job may not be in the same occupation as your past work experience. Meanwhile, you must fulfill employment or job requirements for the job you are being offered. The employer does not require an LMIA(Labor Market Impact Assessment).
Canada permanent residency to interested immigrants—education requirement
Skilled workers education requirement is as under
- You need to have a Canadian secondary/high school/post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree ; OR
- A foreign degree, diploma, certificate, or trade or apprenticeship education credential. You also require an ECA(Educational Credential Assessment) report to ensure its validity and equality to a Canadian credential.
The report should show that your education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree. Your ECA needs to be less than five years old when applying.
For international graduates, education requirement needs to be as follows
- A minimum of 2 years degree, diploma, certificate or trade/apprenticeship credential from any recognized publicly-funded in any Atlantic province;
- You must have been a full-time student for not less than two years in Canada;
- Graduated in last one year when applying;
- Have lived in one of Atlantic provinces for not less than 16 months in the last 2 years before graduating;
- Possess visa or permit required to work/study or train in Canada.
Your training or study program can not be—
- French or English second language course for more than half of the program; or
- Distance learning for more than half the duration of the program.
If you had any fellowship or scholarship needing you to return to your home nation after graduation, then you cannot apply.
Canada permanent residency to interested immigrants—Proof of funds
You shall have to show that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family members after immigration. The amount of funds depends on your family’s size and includes family members being supported by you that are not immigrating with you.
If you are living and working in Canada on a Canada work permit, then there is no condition of showing any proof.