A few weeks ago the Federal Government surprised many and announced the Super Visa, intended for Canadian residents can bring their parents or grandparents visiting for long periods of time.
The announcement touched many which had, like many things in life, a negative side. The country completely paralyzed receipt of requests for sponsorship of parents and grandparents for two years. That means that all who were in the process of preparing your documents have to wait until November 2013 for submission to the Canadian authorities.
To counter criticism of thousands of families who want to be with their closest, the Federal Government announced the Super Visa, which is under effect from December 1 2011.
From the outset we can say that the concept is good, especially when the likes of Don Davies, NDP MP and one of the strongest critics of the immigration system the Government of Harper, applauded the measure.
Still, the politician put a question on the table that the Immigration Minister, Jason Kenney, said quickly: those who have a permanent residency application course have no problem to apply the new Super Visa, according to review CBC.
Excellent news, because in the past Immigration Canada had blocked the visa applications for visitors to those who had an ongoing migration process.
Some details of the Super Visa:
Who can apply?
The parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents must meet certain conditions.
We must take into account that the dependents of the person requesting the Visa Super are not entitled to this. You must apply for visitor visa independently.
Visa officers analyze several factors before deciding whether a person is eligible that is to say if it really intends to come to Canada for a visit and go after the visit ended. These include the following factors:
-Ties of the person’s country of origin;
-The purpose of the visit;
-The family and financial situation of the person;
-The economic and political stability in the country of origin;
-The presence of an invitation from a host in Canada.
-In addition to being declared inadmissible to Canada, the parent or grandparent must:
-Present a written commitment of financial support from her child or grandchild in Canada, who must reach a certain income threshold; prove that he has taken out medical insurance with a Canadian insurer for at least one year.
-Undergo a medical examination for immigration purposes.
The approval process is similar to the previous visas. The person must: demonstrate ties to their country of origin, economic stability and a formal invitation from your relative.
One point which is not very clear, and that according to Immigration is one of the factors to measure when approving the visa, is when they say “the economic and political stability in the country of origin.”
Depending on your citizenship, you may need a temporary resident visa to come to visit Canada. If you are exempt from visa, you are nevertheless entitled to the benefits of super visa for parents and grandparents.
How to apply for temporary resident visa:
Follow the following steps carefully:
1: Get an application form for the Super Visa.
2: Study the form carefully and dredge up essential requests.
3: After complete go through make possible mandatory forms available and do not lose any paper for that will halt the major process or even drop.
4: You must include with your application all the required documents:
• A valid travel document to you (e.g. a passport);
• Two recent photographs, passport size, each family member. Make sure these photos meet the requirements ;
• Payment or receipt of payment for processing fees, unless you come from a country whose citizens do not need a visa to enter Canada. We will not refund the cost, even if we do not accept your request;
• Proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your visit to Canada. The amount required may vary depending on the circumstances of your visit, the duration of your stay, and where you live (at the hotel, with friends or relatives, etc.). For more information, contact the Canadian visa office responsible for your country or region;
• Other documents in your situation (identity card, proof of employment, letter of invitation from your relatives or friends in Canada, intended route, etc.).. For more information, visit the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live.
To obtain a visa for parents and great grandparents, you must also submit:
• Proof of your relationship with the citizen or permanent resident of Canada you want to visit as a parent or grandparent (e.g. birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other official document showing your parentage);
• A letter of invitation sent by your child or grandchild, indicating the measures taken to support yourself;
• Evidence that your child or grandchild is not living under the low income cutoff (LICO) ;
• Proof that you purchased from a Canadian insurer private medical insurance valid for at least one year at a time:
• Covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
• Provides a minimum coverage of $ 100 000;
• Is valid for each entry in Canada and may be examined by an officer at the port of entry.
When the visa office receives your application, it checks that it is correctly completed and accompanied by all required documents. A visa officer will decide if an interview is necessary. If necessary, you will be informed of the time and place of the interview.
If your application is refused, your passport and documents will be returned with an explanation of the denial of your request. If you had sent fraudulent documents, they will not be returned.
If your application is approved, your passport and documents will be returned with the visa.
The other requirements an applicant must meet for the Super Visa are:
– To pass the medical examination, it is asked to all immigrants.
This point is tricky because you need to measure how demanding are the authorities as to what I identify as “good health “considering that we talk about parents and grandparents, older persons in most cases.
An application for permanent residence will not be accepted if the health status of the applicant:
• Present a risk to public health or safety, or
• May cause an excessive demand on health or social services in Canada.
Note: As for stay under six month no medical examination is required but for further stay it is mandatory.
– Need to buy private health insurance for at least one year: it must be purchased with a Canadian company; it must cover medical care, hospitalization and repatriation, and must have a minimum value of $ 100,000.
– The government says that in some cases the applicant may be called to an interview with an immigration officer. This should not be different from what is done in other processes of sponsorship.
The responsibilities of the person who sponsors
The son or grandson of the Super Visa applicant must meet certain requirements as well, especially economically.
Based on data presented by Immigration Canada, interested in bringing his father or grandfather must have a minimum income of $ 22,229 per year. The figures are adjusted depending on the number of people to sponsor. You can see the detailed chart on the website of CIC.
Cost and waiting times:
The multiple-entry Visa Super has a cost of $ 150, while the single input reaches $ 75. Recall that the Super Visa allows the parent or grandparent to be a maximum of two years in Canada without having to leave.
For Super Visa according to table is normally 51 months. But for Pakistan is 44 months and for India is even less, 31 months only. More details on the link below:
The Super Visa is valid for 10 years and must be renewed every two. This process should be made from outside Canada.
You have no compulsion to find the help of a representative to apply for your residence or immigration to Canada. It is your responsibility to decide whether or not you want to use the services of a representative.
Immigration says that waiting times are the same as to process visitor visas. In most cases this means less than a month. The time table for the country is on the website of CIC.
What do you think? Do you think it will be a solution for people who want to reunite with his family or otherwise, will be an instrument full of obstacles?
You can visit the website of Immigration to find all the details and the application forms.