Educational visits include an independent fee-paying school, an independent non fee-paying school, a non-maintained special school or a state-maintained school.
However, there will be no requirement of any entry clearance except for those who need a UK visa to come to UK.
There is also an exception to the changes introduced in the UK Student visa rules according to which if the UK Border Agency has provided you permission to either come to UK or stay in the UK as per the previous temporary concession on or before 31 December 2009, then this permission will be valid if you stay in the UK.
Meanwhile, as per the new rules, you must meet the following conditions if you happen toapply for either getting entry clearance or if you are a non-visa national on arriving in the UK—-
1. You must be under 18 years of age.
2. You want to leave the UK after completing your educational or exchange visit not spanning more than six months.
3. A letter from either the school or the organization involved in the exchange programme after the educational or exchange visit has been approved by the institute concerned.
4. Travel, care and reception arrangements in addition to sufficient money needed for your support in the UK.
5. All the care and travel arrangements are in accordance with the UK care requirements.
6. You need to satisfy the UK immigration officials that there is a parent or any guardian in your home country who will take care for all your care needs and also shows his consent for your visit to the UK.
7. You do not wish to study in an institute having a Tier 4 UK Student Visa accreditation or sponsorship license from any body approved by the UK Border Agency.