Australia welcomes the immigrants once again as it opens the borders for visa holders that are vaccinated
The hospitality and tourism sector has seen a downslope around the world ever since the pandemic started. Australia is no exception. There is an acute shortage of labor in the entire country. As Australia opens the doors for visa holders it aims to alleviate these issues. Despite the plan of reopening, certain rules can’t be ignored.
- Testing for COVID before departure is important
- The paperwork is to be completed as per the Travel Declaration by the Australian Government
- The traveller on entering the territory or state has to follow the quarantine guidelines.
The changes made to the Visa Process are:
Commencement of Visa 191 in November 2022
The Government of Australia in the year 2019, November had introduced subclasses 491 and 494, Provisional Visas. These were for Skilled Regional Work and Skilled Employer regional sponsored. These provisional visas provide the state governments, territories, and employers in Australia a range of skilled occupations for nominating skilled workers temporarily.
A few other criteria that are required for the visa are mentioned below:
- Relevant Experience related to the work
- Candidates must be proficient in English
- The Age limit matters too (unless there are applied exemptions)
People who have been holding the subclass 491 and subclass 494 visa, for three years at least and meet all the criteria along with a minimum of taxable income may have eligibility for the permanent Subclass 191 Visa.
Expectations are rife that the first batch of people holding Provisional Visa would be eligible for applying for permanent residency on the commencement of Subclass 191 in November 2022.
Extension for visa holders – Subclasses 489, 494 and 491
It has been announced by the ministers in January 2022 that the holders of visas for the above-mentioned subclasses because of the impact of restrictions on travel due to the pandemic will get visa extensions for three years. There has been no additional declaration so far.
There are several benefits that the immigrants can have once the changes have been implemented, which have been mentioned below:
- With the new changes, the immigrants going to Australia would be able to live, study and work in Australia, in the regional areas that are designated for five years.
- After spending three years in Australia the visa holders would be eligible to file the application for permanent citizenship.
- The workers can work in whichever occupation they desire and for any employer that they wish to work for, these should be in line with the conditions mentioned in the attached visa.
- More points for qualification, age, work experience in Australia, studying in Australia, and English points are also given to the immigrants.
- Processing of applications on a priority basis.
- Incentives to migrants staying in regional areas for the long term as they build contacts due to community participation.