Alberta has always been a good province to migrate to and settle in. With the accessible job opportunities, decent social life options and good real estate rates—this province is climbing up the list of hot picks for those looking to settle in Canada.
- A latest report based on a study by the government of Canada suggests that Alberta is one province wherein jobs have significantly increased, across diverse sectors. that too, with Covid still at the bay with no signs of completely fading.
- Every occupation across Canada has a code attached to it, known at the National Occupational Classification Code that enables immigrants to fill up relevant documents.
Information System and Computer Professionals
The top reckoner when it comes to the vacancy count for jobs in Alberta, this IT sector will see a hiring spree soon. Even after the pandemic first broke out, the sector was not much affected since software and IT always go hand in hand with almost almost operational/administrative domains across all fields.
Immigration, Revenue, Employment Insurance services
- The demand for all these sectors is all the more on the rise on Alberta due to piled up applications, cases and overdue filings. Naturally, with such load at hand, the government has created the CERB or Canadian Emergency Response Benefit.
- Therefore, the niche will see growing hiring scales and fresher integrations. Immigration work too will be on the rise due to fresh applications plus older procedural delays. the occupations under this segment have been seen year-on-year growth since 2019.
The sector for data analysis and administration is on an upscale growth. Alberta did not see much job cuts in this niche even when Covid started out. With data science and related management forming part of almost every working niche, this is not a surprise. Moreover, these fields have gradually absorbed technology across all medium.
Construction Professionals and Inspectors
Alberta is set to witness massive rise in hiring across this sector. Mostly government backed or owned firms need services of such professionals across civil engineering, architectural and designing sectors. 2020 saw demand of hiring rise by 24 percent from 2019 and this trend is certainly here to stay across 2021.
Nursing and Health
- Besides the need for paramedics and doctors, the nursing sector too will need fresh influx owing to the need for medical acre becoming imminent. The hiring trends was always on a high since 2019, but with the pandemic, this has now become an essential category that will barely see much affect no matter how the pandemic fares.
- Alberta colleges have rolled out relevant programs to encourage students to enroll in nursing programs and offers ease of absorption into the workforce too!
- Even pharmacy professionals are seeing more scope for jobs in Alberta, given the above logic.
- Health policy workers and related occupations are also seeing more demand. Employment in the same field was 24 per cent more in 2020, compared to 2019.
Alberta offers massive scope in the coming years across the job roles mentioned. If you are seeking to seek residency in the province, weight these options carefully. You will stand an advantage, without a doubt!