After complicated applications and lots of consultations; you have finally received the invitation to apply or ITA for Canadian permanent Residency (PR). Congratulations! However, there is still more time left before you cheer since the next steps call for you to be careful and sincere.
Fill in the Online Application for Express Entry, Canada
The first step to take is applying electronically for express entry PR into Canada. Remember you have a period of two months from the date of receiving ITA. You can save and edit the documents in run up to final submission. However, the time limit is of special importance.
Documentation Details to be uploaded for Express Entry Canada
Keep all supporting documents handy. The documents that need uploading via a scanner are listed under-
- Identity Documents
- Passport or travel document wherein you are the primary applicant
- Passports or travel document for family
- Birth Certificates of all those applying for PR
- Adoption Certificate in case applicable
- Marriage Certificate in case applicable
- Divorce Certificate in case applicable
- Death Certificate of spouse in case applicable
- Result of Language Test (English/French or Both)
Rejection of PR often occurs due to failure to provide language test results. Check if your partner or spouse too needs to take this test.
All your working experience should be eligible for validation via relevant documents. Arrange for documents that include-
- Profile proof for work shown
- Reference letters over the past decade
- Papers showing details of salary, working hours, duties and time span of employment
- For those with work experiences in Canada, the submission of T4 tax slips is important along with work permit, CRA and Notice of Assessment.
Keep all relevant educational documents handy. The list includes-
- Educational certificate copies
- Copy of degree or diploma held
- Transcript copy for all completed educational programs for secondary and higher secondary levels
- Canadian program or course completion proof
- Copy of Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if education has been overseas
The amount of funds required for approval of PR is specified each year, along with the ITA for Express Entry. The fund needs to be in the form of cash, account balance, assets or even real estate. The programs under express Entry that need such fund proofs are-
- Federal Skilled Trade Program
- Federal Skilled Workers Program
As a measure of safeguard against general risks to Canadians, the documents supporting your fitness both mentally and physically, need uploading.
Police Verification Certificate
This document seals your possibility of admissibility into Canada. This clearance check is compulsory so as to ensure no criminal record or security issues you could be causing to the country.
Finally, you need to upload digital photos of all family as well as yourself on the portal.
Do a thorough check if all the documents are in order, before clicking on the final submission button. Canada is a land of opportunities. Consider moving here if all checks and criteria are in order. Good luck for your PR application!