What is Australian International Student Scam, and How do we stay protected from it?
Are you questioning the education system of Australia? Have you heard about the Australian International student scam? If yes, then you are at the right place to know what is exactly happening in the education system and how you can protect yourself from these scamming going around. Here in this article, we will let you know the student scamming happening in Australia and preventions to avoid it.
What is Australian International Student Scam?
The native educational agents are reportedly getting paid by the private colleges in Australia. These agents receive a huge amount of dollars as commissions to illegally take a higher amount of fees from university students from different countries. Now the students ask to pay costly fees to come from developing and low-economic countries such as India, Nigeria, Nepal, and Pakistan. These students are now seeking some other affordable courses.
Reports Mention Shocking and Disgraceful Commissions:-
- Commonly, the agents get 30 percent of commissions, but they ask brusquely to increase the commission rate up to 50 percent.
- The educational agents who enroll up to 100 no. of students are getting an extra cash bonus that value about $300,000. We can take the example of Skyline International College, which is in Burwood, now this college offered a registration commission of 25 % to 30 % on the fees, which range from $6000 to $15,600 per year from each student. The colleges are offering bonuses too if there more no. of enrolment.
- The every university of Australia pays a large number of bonuses or commissions on recruitments to the native educational agents.
Australian universities are manipulating international students. The university administrators and agents fill up their pockets more than they truly deserve.
One more great example of an international student scammer is Andrew Barkla of IDP Education, who was the highest-paid CEO of Australia in the previous financial year.
We realize that the entire International education system is a big money-seeking trap. Rather than focussing on what students must learn, the system concentrates on what they earn. This is something awful to know.
The central government should make changes in the education system and strictly order it to make the following points given below –
- They should increase the entrance standards for international students to complete their education from Australian institutions of high-level.
- Central Government needs to increase the monetary needs to come to Australia notably.
- They should break the connection between worker rights, permanent residency, and education.
Following Changes Would Benefit:-
- The rise in the export revenue of each student
- Remarkable improvement in the quality of students.
- Rise in the teaching level and thus better learning experience for the local students.
- Decreasing the no. of enrolments to make it equivalent to international norms.
Conclusion- How Australian Education system is becoming handy tool for scammers
The Australian education system has become a scam for international students. The private colleges and local educational agents are making an unfair income. This is done by exploiting students from low-economic countries such as India. It’s high time to stop this scam and start focusing on every student’s learning.