It is possible to apply for a visa without an interview if you are renewing your US visa or fulfill certain age criteria. Currently, however, the restrictions for such a facility are only available in U.S. Embassy in Warsaw. Due to the corona pandemic, rules and regulations related to immigration and visa renewals have been undergoing frequent changes and hence it is advisable to check the official site for the latest update when you apply for the visa.
Here however we are discussing the general rules and conditions that can make it possible for you to apply for a visa without an interview.
Conditions That Can Make Applying for Visa without an Interview Possible
You can obtain a visa without giving an interview if you fulfill certain conditions in either of the two categories listed by the US immigration officials. According to Category 1, only the following people can get a visa without an interview. These include:
- Representatives of International Organizations viz. United Nations, World Bank who require G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4 visas
- Officials of foreign government traveling to the US on government business requiring A-1, A-2 visas
- Military Personnel and NATO Representatives on official business requiring NATO-1, NATO-2, NATO-3, NATO-4, NATO-5, NATO-6 visas
Applicants applying for A-3, G-5, or NATO-7 visa have to face an interview with a consular officer every time they apply for a visa. Those coming under the Category 1 can submit their application documents at the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw official/diplomatic visa window from Wednesday to Friday from 2.30 pm to 3.00 pm.
Travelers who are renewing their C1/D visas with no change in their personal data and no history of stolen/lost passport stand a chance to get a visa without giving an interview if they fulfill the following conditions:
- They are Polish citizens residing in Poland
- They are applying for the visa under the same category as before
- Were issued the previous visa with full validity
- Have never been refused ESTA or a visa
- Are applying for the visa within 24 months from the expiry of old data
Also Read- Will Joe Biden roll back H1B Visa Ban
Requirements To Qualify For Visa Without Interview
To qualify for the visa without giving an interview you need to complete the following steps:
- Pay the visa fee
- Fill up the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
- Register on the official website and answer a few interview questions for the waiver
- For registering online you must provide details of passport, receipt number, and barcode number (10-digit) that you have received after confirmation on the DS-160 page.
Documents that you will have to submit at the embassy/mailbox include:
- Interview Waiver Confirmation Letter that you receive after registering online
- Valid passport including all the previous passports with a valid US visa
- Documents related to your specific visa type
- DS-160 confirmation page that carries barcode number and photo