The Australia Visitor Visa is open for almost everyone who wants to visit the country for enjoying its natural beauty and recreational purposes. The visa allows you to spend a long holiday in Australia with friends or family members for three, six, or 12 months for non-work purposes. Additionally, in between this period, if you want to work in Australia, there are certain visas in this category that also allow you to enjoy the holiday as well as work as per your wish in the country.
The pathway for different Australia Visitor Visa categories includes Australia Evisitor visa (Subclass 600 and 651), Australia Working Holiday Maker (Subclass 417 (I and II), and Australia Work and Holiday 2nd (Subclass 462). In the case, you are visiting Australia under any of these visas then you must be either visiting the country purely for recreational reasons like meeting family, friends, or sightseeing or business purposes like attending seminars and conferences.
Things to Know About Australia Visitor Visa Processing
Anyone who has a valid passport can apply for this visa. Citizens of certain countries have the privilege of applying for the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). An Indian can submit the application for a visa at any of the AVAC’s in the country during working hours excluding Cochin AVAC where an application filed before 10 am is given priority for processing.
If you want to make a request for using Priority Service then it should be made at the time of lodging visa application as requests for it after the submission of application are not taken into consideration. It is difficult to obtain a visitor visa for Australia if the applicant has a criminal/adverse immigrant history, need health examination, is under 18 years of age, and do not have parental consent, or the applicant has either skipped some information in the application form or has not filled the checklist in the form completely.
Last-minute changes in the information can lead to adverse consequences as the application might not be processed in time according to the travel plans of the applicant.
Documents Required For Visitor Visa in Australia
You need to submit a set of documents along with the application form to get the Australia Tourist Visa. The documents include:
- A notarized copy of old and current passports
- Duly filled and signed 1419 visa application form.
- The form of minor should be signed by both mother and parent.
- Authorization Form duly signed.
- 2 recent color photographs showing 80% face with white background (size 35mm x 45 mm)
- Applicant’s covering letter that states name, profession, purpose, passport details, and duration of stay.
- Important financial documents such as ITR for last 3 years, updated bank statements of last six months (original with bank’s seal and signature), and others like FDs, investments in shares and mutual funds, properties and more if any.
For the visa, you can register online, upload the documents, keep a track of your application and receive it via mail. An Indian needs to pay only Rs.9000 for an Australian Visitor Visa per person.