Germany is one of the most advanced countries in the world. This European country offers some of the best career opportunities for aspiring immigrants. The country is more open to skilled workforces with higher academic qualifications. Apart from that, you must fulfill all the requirements like documents, eligibility criteria, and more to get the Germany Job Seeker Visa.
Germany Job Seeker Visa For Long Term Residency Permit
Immigrants receive long term residency permit (six months) through job seeker visa in Germany. You must find a job within the valid duration of six months to become eligible for acquiring a work visa. Additionally, you cannot immediately start working after going to Germany. It is mandatory that you first visit Germany on this job seeker visa, stay there and find a job and then apply for the work permit which allows you to stay and work for two years in the country.
Eligibility For Germany Job Seeker Visa
The country is mostly seeking highly qualified professionals. Hence the eligibility criteria have also been designed keeping that in mind.
- You must have at least a bachelor’s or master’s degree that is equivalent to a German degree of the same level. Ph.D. and PG holders are given more preference.
- Experience of five years in your field is mandatory.
- Adequate funds to finance your stay and overheads during your time as a job seeker in Germany
- Ensured under medical/travel insurance
- The ability to plan and strategize and structure your career for securing a job in Germany is a must.
Documents Required For Germany Job Seeker Visa
Even though you are eligible for the job seeker visa, unless and until you produce authentic documents and prove your eligibility it is not possible to get the job seeker visa. Documents that are mandatory include:
- Valid passport
- Passport data paper copy
- Three passport size photos
- Statement of purpose mentioning your strategy for searching for a job, backup plans, and what you would do in case you fail to get a job
- Previous work experience and academic certificates
- Updated CV
- Documents for identification like license, birth certificate
- Health and medical insurance proof
- Proof of accommodation in Germany such as sponsor letter, bank account, etc.
An applicant needs to submit two sets of these documents at the application center. After you submit the documents and prove your eligibility for the Germany Job Seeker Visa the next step is to fill out the application form at the German Embassy office. Then you will receive an appointment date for a face to face interview. The officials will check your background, documents, eligibility, and how you perform during an interview to decide whether they can grant a visa to you or not.