If you are looking forward to applying for a refugee status in Canada, you are required to fill up an application. It is always mindful to understand what way will be the best to make a refugee claim.
Determine How To Initiate The Claim for refugee status in Canada:
The two main methods to avail refugee claim.
- Send an email that is followed by making a claim online.
- Claim your application in person.
Online Method for Making Claim of Refugee Status
You can simply send an email to begin with the claim. In a few days, we will be inviting you to join a secure account online in order to continue and complete the claim. Your application is always protected for privacy.
- Subject: Make Refugee Claim in Canada
- Body of your email:
- Email that you will be using for communication
- The unique client identifier number on your Passport or Visa (In case of non- availability, you have to explain why).
Send this email to [email protected] An automated message will be given to you for confirmation. Afterwards, an email by Canada Post will tell you the further steps. Follow all the instructions in the email to continue the claim.
This will set up the Canada Post epost Connect account, which we will use to communicate to you.
Steps To Follow For Applying For A Refugee Status
- Fill up the forms found in your application package.
- Upload these to the Canada Post epost Connect account.
- Immigration Officer will check up the documents and will tell you if something is missing. If the documents are correct, he will send you the acknowledgement letter.
Further, you will be called for the interview, and we will review the claim and determine if you are eligible for the status or not.
Offline (Port) Method
You can always apply for a refugee status on your port of arrival in the country, whether it is a seaport, land border or airport. An officer will determine if the claim is valid or not and will give you the confirmation accordingly.
You Can Study Or Work as Refugee status applicant
Till your refugee application is being applied and checked, you can study or work. However, you would have to submit the Additional information (Schedule 12) application form to us for that, and we will issue a permit if eligible.
What to do next If You Are Approved for Refugee status in Canada
If your application is approved, you will be summoned for a hearing by IRB. There will be a notice given to you telling all the details about this hearing.
This hearing will determine if your refugee status will be approved or not.