How To Immigrate To Prince Edward Island (PEI) Through Provincial Nominee Program?
In the last few years, Prince Edward Island (PEI) has grown rapidly with its major cities like Charlottetown evolving as a mainstream economic hub. It has ultimately improved job opportunities on the island that are lately attracting the immigrants who are on the lookout for the long term and stable employment. An immigrant can take advantage of the excellent job prospects that PEI offers by fulfilling the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) formalities.
Once the formalities are completed successfully you will get a PEI Nominee certificate that will accelerate your process for Permanent Resident Visa application. To qualify for the PEI PNP program you have to clear any of the three streams mentioned below.
Prince Edward Island PNP Program
The three streams include:
- PEI Business Impact
- PEI Express Entry
- PEI Labor Impact
Prince Edward Island PNP Business Impact Stream
Requirements In Case Of 100% Ownership Stream:
- $600,000 verifiable personal net worth
- The adequate fund, language ability, skills, age, education and experience for operating a business on the island
- Capacity to invest a minimum CAD 150,000 in a venture
- Sign an escrow agreement with stipulations on $150,000 deposit which will be in the possession of the PEI until you fulfill the agreement terms
- Completed IELTS anytime in the past 2 years with a minimum score of 4.0
- Submitting a detailed business plan after coming to the Prince Edward Island and explaining your intentions for immigrating to PEI and the role you will be taking in the proposed business venture
Requirements In Case Of Partial Ownership Stream
The requirement for the immigrants, in this case, is almost the same as in the case of a 100% ownership stream. However, there are a few changes.
- For the partial ownership stream, the applicant must either make a minimum investment of $1 million or hold a minimum interest of 33 1/3% of voting shares.
- The interested person should take approval in the form of work permit for the PEI business by submitting an application to CIC with details about the investment
- Should possess a personal net worth of $600,000 that can stand verification
- Present a detailed business plan and discuss it with the officials of the province and explain to them the intensions behind relocating or shifting to P.E.I
- Explain the key role you are supposed to play in managing this business venture
- Should have passed IELTS in the last 2 years with a minimum band score of 4.0
- Must invest minimum CAD 150,000 in a business project in P.E.I
Prince Edward Island Express Entry Stream-Skilled Worker Stream
For getting entry through Prince Edward Island Express Entry Stream for permanent residency you have to apply through the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP). Nomination through this program will maximize your chances of the Federal Government offering an Invitation to Apply.
To become eligible for the PEI Skilled Worker Stream you must fulfill the requirements of either of the Federal Economic Immigration programs that include Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, or Canadian Experience Class. You also need to find a place in the pool of applicants and for that, the applicant must create a Federal Express Entry Profile.
You can gain permanent residency through this PEI Express Entry Category based on whether you have been offered a job in PEI or not. In any case, candidates who are already living and working in the province will be given priority.
Prince Edward Island Labor Impact Category
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements for qualifying for this skilled worker stream:
- Must have a long-term (2 years or permanent) and full-time offer of a job from an employer in PEI fulfilling NOC skill level of O, A, or B
- Should possess valid work permit if employed currently with an employer within PEI
- Should have legal proof of his residential status
- Should be able to attend an interview if deemed necessary at the Office of Immigration, Settlement, and Population
- Have completed post-secondary education/diploma successfully in the last 2 years
- Have relevant full-time work or schooling experience in last 5 years
- Must fulfill language requirements as made mandatory by the Canada immigration policy
- Should have a genuine interest to settle in Prince Edward Island.
- Should provide enough proofs of sufficient financial resources that can support settlement