Applying For New Zealand Visitor Visa? Here’s A Step-By-Step Breakup Of The Entire Process
Applying for a visitor visa is a normal process if you wish to travel abroad. So if you are planning to visit New Zealand here is a step-by-step break up of how you should apply for a New Zealand visitor visa or NZeTA which is New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority that ensures security at the borders of NZ. It also indicates that you have the authority to travel to New Zealand.
Applying For New Zealand Visitor Visa or NZeTA
If you are an Australian citizen you do not require a visitor visa or NZeTA. But if you are a permanent resident of Australia you will require NZeTA. Once the Australian citizen or the permanent resident is in New Zealand he can get an Australian Resident Visa.
A traveler from a visa-waiver country requires a valid passport and NZeta for traveling to New Zealand. However, there are certain conditions for such travelers which include applying for arrival card on reaching NZ, having a return ticket and enough funds to support your stay in New Zealand.
When Do You Need Visitor Visa for New Zealand?
You will require New Zealand Visitor Visa if you:
- Do not belong to visa-waiver country or territory
- Want to stay for more than 3 months or more than 6 months if you are a UK citizen
- Have health conditions that put the people in NZ at risk or are expensive for New Zealand healthcare
- Have a criminal record
Preparing Before Arrival In NZ
Before reaching NZ you need to have a confirmed return ticket and sufficient money to support your stay in New Zealand.
Documents Required For Visitor Visa New Zealand
You can apply online to get a visitor visa or also make an application on paper. For fulfilling the criteria for a visitor visa you will have to provide:
- A valid passport or certificate of identity and a photograph for online application, 2 photographs for an application submitted on paper
- Proof of good health if required such as X-ray of chest, a certificate from a medical professional who has conducted your medical examination
- Certificate of good character
- Proof establishing the genuine intention of visiting New Zealand
- Proof of financial ability confirming that you can support yourself and your family during NZ visit
- Support health costs during a stay in NZ
Visitor Visa Cost for New Zealand
The method you use for applying for the visitor visa makes an impact on its cost. New Zealand visitor visa costs around NZ$151 whereas group tourist visa costs around NZ$ 85 when applied online which is cheaper than applying personally. All the international credit cards and bank transfers and wallets can be used for making the payment.
Setting Up RealMe Account for NZ Visa
For making an online application for a visitor visa, the applicant needs to first create a New Zealand Government RealMe account. It can be used for logging into various NZ government services and sites and is also a secure way of verifying your address and identity.
Make sure that all your documents required for visitor visas such as passport, photographs, medical certificate, and more are ready to upload when you create this account. Once all these formalities are done it is time to apply for the visa.
Do you want to apply for a New Zealand Visitor Visa? To download the application form click right here: inz 1017