Are you planning to migrate to Australia? Then you already must have thought over the minimum score required for Australian PR.
To obtain an Australian PR, there are some basic requirements which must be fulfilled by an applicant. A minimum score in requirements such as age, English proficiency, education, and work experience decides your eligibility.
The Australia Permanent Residency allows you to work and live in Australia for five years. After three years of formal work, you can change your status to a citizen. Australia’s PR visa also lets you travel with your family.
Benefits of Australian PR
The advantages of permanent Australian resident visa are:
- Freedom to reside and work in any part of the country.
- Official permission to accompany Family members.
- Free schooling for children up to a certain age.
- Eligibility for permanent resident status to support relatives.
- Employment and health benefits for family members.
Eligibility for Australian PR
To apply for a permanent residency in Australia, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must require a minimum score of at least 65 points to qualify for the PR.
- You should be less than 45 years of age.
- A minimum level of English language proficiency is required.
- It would be best if you had a position listed in Australia’s Skilled Occupancy List.
- The Australian authorities that are designated shall assess your skills based on your education and work experience.
- You ought to be showing good health and character.
How Much Does an Australian PR Cost?
Australian Permanent Residency Fees are divided into three groups.
- Primary candidate: Australian $4,045 or Indian Rupees 204,200/-.
- Dependent over 18 years of age (spouse): Australian $2025, or 102,300/- Indian Rupees.
- Dependent under 18 (children): Aus $1010 or 51,000/- Indian rupees.
What is Australia’s Point System?
These are assessed for each applicant who has applied for Australia’s PR visa based on defined requirements such as age, English proficiency, education, work experience. You get awarded a few points on these requirements. To qualify you to need to have at least 65 points as the minimum score.
Keep in mind that while 65 points are the minimum required to be qualified, the higher you score on the eligibility scale, the better are the chances that you will be invited to apply for Australian PR. Scoring 80 to 85 points anywhere can see that you are invited much earlier, that is, from around 1 to 2 months.
Visa categories Reviewed
There are again different score categories which play an essential role in getting Australian PR.
- Subclass 188: Business Innovation and Investment Visa
- Subclass 189: Independent Skilled Visa
- Subclass 190: Independent Nominated Visa
- Subclass 491: Skilled Work Regional Visa
For more information regarding the point system, please go through the Australian immigration website and you can also calculate the minimum score to be eligible to get the PR in the same web portal.
The Application Process for Australian PR
- To apply for a PR visa in Australia, you need to check your eligibility first.
- Scoring a minimum of 65 points is a must to qualify for the application process.
- Once your PR visa qualification is confirmed, you must apply for an assessment of the skills.
- A designated authority conducts the competency assessment.
- After this, the application should be submitted online.
The online pool system is called “Expression of Interest.” You’ll need to apply the required documents to DIBP within 60 days of approving your application. You will be granted a visa after a successful review of the papers.