Working in New Zealand is quite different from working in other nations like the USA or Canada. New Zealand offers a simple process for applying for a work permit.
The work-life balance in New Zealand is pretty much better than what we can find anywhere else. If you are willing to work in New Zealand, you need to understand the entire process of applying for a work permit.
Work Visas or Employment-Based Visas
Notably, all types of work visas for New Zealand are of temporary basis. Even if you want to apply for a permanent resident visa, first, you need to get a temporary visa.
Requirements of Work Visa
- You need to submit your passport, two recent passport size photos and other documents as your proof of identity.
- You may require to provide your medical certificates, chest X-ray and other medical records from a doctor who is approved by Immigration Authorities of New Zealand as proof of good health.
- You have to provide a police clearance certificate of a good character from your native country or the country where you’ve lived for five years or more.
- Certificate of being Bona Fide.
Types of Work Visas or Employment-Based Visas for New Zealand
There are more than 80 types of visas to work in New Zealand, maximum of which are country-specific, however, we will discuss some of the particular permits that most of the applicants choose to apply for immigration. Such visas are-
#1 Essential Skills Work Visa
Essential Skills Work visa is provided to those skilled workers whose job is quoted on the Essential Skills in Demand List. It allows the applicants to stay and work in the country for up to 5 yrs.
However, the duration would depend on the worker’s skills and the contract between the employer and the worker.
To get the Essential Skill Work Visa, you need the following.
- A job offer consists of a full-time position.
- Your employment agreement made between you and the employer.
- Your employer needs to prove to the officials that they are unable to hire a New Zealander for the position.
- Your qualification certificates.
- An “Employer Supplementary Form” duly filled by the employer.
#2 Silver Fern Job Search Visa
Silver Fern Job Search Visa is for highly skilled and qualified young job seekers aged between 20 to 35 years. The duration of this visa is only for nine months.
Moreover, there is a selected quota of 3oo applicants to fill the vacant positions in the country which tend to fill very quickly.
To apply for such a visa, you need the following.
- To have a relevant qualification and work experience of a minimum of 2 years in the specified field.
- To have enough finance to support yourself in Canada and to show that you can go back to your home.
- You must have excellent English language command and communication skills.
#3 Working Holiday Visa
Every year hundreds of applicants apply for a Working Holiday Visa, which remains valid only for one to two years. The holiday should be your main intention behind coming to New Zealand under this visa. Work can be preferred as a secondary intention.
How can You Apply for the visa
Applying online is the best option for any visa type as it saves your time and money. Also, it becomes easy for the applicant to track their application status.
The Bottom Line
You will find detailed guidelines on the official government website for every type of visa you wish to apply for. Reading through the entire instruction set is advisable before applying for a work visa.
It will help you to get on the top of the list of applicants as you will have the requisite information as well as all documents ready with you for submission while filling your application.