Australia is one of the best countries in the world for citizenship as it has a strong economic background that gives fantastic working culture, education and quality of life. The process to obtain PR in Australia is one of the most simplistic in the world.
It has been among those countries which first introduced the point-based and organized immigration system. Moreover, the Australian PR allows you to work and settle in the country for five years.
Benefits of Australian PR
- You have permission to work and settle in any part of the country.
- You are officially permitted to bring your family members with you.
- Your children will get free education up to a certain age.
- The Australian land will give work and health benefits to you and your family.
- You’ll be eligible to sponsor your dear once for permanent resident status.
Eligibility for Australian PR
- Australia follows a point-based system, and you must score a minimum of 65 points to be eligible for PR status.
- Your age should be below 45 years.
- You must have proficiency in the English language.
- You need to submit the certificate of good health and character.
- You must have work nominated in Australia’s Skilled Occupation List.
Process for Visa Application for Australia
There are various types of visas that a person can apply for PR status in Australia. However, skilled work and family visas are the most common visa types that people utilize to immigrate to Australia.
Before you start the application process, first, check your eligibility. Further, you need to score at least 65 points to qualify for the visa process.
In point-based system, you’ll be allotted points on a few specific criteria such as your age, qualifications, work experience, your English proficiency and such others.
In the next step, you need to apply for migration skills assessment which is conducted by the designated authority.
Moreover, your education and work experience would be assessed under skill assessment. Usually, it takes 45-60 days to process your application.
Once the application initiates, next step is Expression of Interest which is an online pool based system that lodge your applications under multiple factors like the number of applications received, total points scored by you, and many more. After all the processing, you’ll receive the “Invitation to Apply.”
Finally, you need to submit your application with DIBP. Don’t forget to attach all the required documents. You are also required to provide police and medical clearance certificate.
Well, it takes 3 to 5 months to process and verify your application. Once DIBP verifies your documents, your visa will be approved.
You Need to Submit these Documents
- Educational certificates
- Work experience certificates
- Travel Passport and other documents
- Medical Clearance Certificate
- Police Verification Certificate
- Proof of settlement funds
Undoubtedly, settling in Australia is a significant step towards future growth as Australia provides a robust financial platform with astounding services to its citizens and permanent residents.