Nova Scotia is a well-known province in Canada. It is a place where many immigrants have been settled down in the past few years and still, thousands of people apply every year to get the citizenship of the place. But there are some things which should be known before shifting to Nova Scotia. Let us see some interesting facts about Nova Scotia. This may help in case you are planning to move.
How to get approval to enter in Nova Scotia?
There are a few things which have to be taken care of before moving to Nova Scotia.
- MSI health card is important. This is been issued by the Nova Scotia Government.
- From the Registry of a motor vehicle, a driving license has to be obtained.
- All the official address must be changed.
These are a basic few things which have to be given the priority in the checklist.
Selecting a place in Nova Scotia- good enough to settle faster and land a job after immigrating to Canada
Nova Scotia is a beautiful province in Canada. With beautiful offshore island and wonderful beaches, the place has charming scenes. But regardless of that, it is very important to select a place in prior. There are many cities in Nova Scotia which are extremely beautiful to stay. Let’s list out some of the cities:
- Halifax: Halifax is the capital of Nova Scotia the province in Canada. It is the largest city in the province. Halifax is also considered to be the economic center of the province.
- Cape Breton: the city is located on an island. It is basically separated from main Canada. One of the strongest economic hub of the province.
- Truro: Truro is the smallest city in Nova Scotia. It is also known as the hub of Nova Scotia. The city is very close to Halifax. It’s like living in a peaceful place but also near to the main city.
- Lunenburg: One of the world heritage site named by UNESCO. The city is one of the smallest towns in Nova Scotia. The view of the city is so beautiful that anyone will want to live in the city.
- Baddeck: A lakeside town with a beautiful view is a perfect city to reside. One of the beautiful city of Nova Scotia the province in Canada.
These are some of the cities where people usually migrate from a different place. Each of these places has some or the other specialty.
Cost of living in Nova Scotia?
Being such a beautiful place the cost of living is a bit high in Nova Scotia. This is due to the high rate tax of the province. Nova Scotia is one of the highest tax paying provinces in the whole of Canada. So before you shift to the place prepare your mind for the expensive adventure.
Renting an apartment in Nova Scotia?
The apartments can be rented using online websites. There are various websites which contains the full details about the flats in Nova Scotia and which are available for rent. According to the choices, the filters can be applied and the apartments can be searched. The best way to minimize the cost of rent is by having a roommate. This will actually help in a peaceful stay in the city.
For renting the apartment there are two types of leases which are applicable:
- Periodic: automatic renewal after weeks, months or years.
- Fixed term: valid for a specific period of time.
Transportation in Nova Scotia: there are various ways of transportation in Nova Scotia. There are rides like taxi, bus, metro transit and many more. Rail, ferry, and ride sharing are also preferable options.
These are some of the things which have to be taken care of before moving to a new city: