Both countries are a popular destination for the immigrants. Better or not is for one to decide based on different factors, it’s really a matter of opinion. CANADA & AUSTRALIA both countries have some common provisions and some different. However, in this article, we will compare the two countries on different factors and in the end, it is you who will decide which is the better country to settle permanently in, Canada or Australia?
Let’s take different aspects into consideration and then you will decide which is the better country to settle permanently in, Canada or Australia?
- Weather-one has and other has tropical –Weather is one factor which can change your decision over one country to another. Canada has really harsh winters and heaps of snow throughout most of the time, and on another hand, summer are quite relaxing with sunlight. Australia’s weather, on the other hand, is tropical, depending on location. It’s quite sunny, warm and pleasant throughout the year. Though summer can be quite harsh and UV radiation is a pain.
- Cost of living-This is win-win for Canada. To rent your own house in Canada is cheaper than that of Australia. In Australia, house prices are soaring high due to its housing taxes. In terms of other household items too, Australia is highly expensive compared to Canada.
- Employment Opportunities-Canada has big manufacturing industry thus providing jobs to most of the immigrants as compared to Australia, while Australia is more widely popular for its US IT firms and their regional Head-Quarters. The procedure of filling jobs in both the countries is different. You have to be in Australia to get a job, on the other hand in Canada process is fairly smooth if you land there with a job offer in hand.
- Economy-Canada’s economy is shaky sometimes as it shares borders with the USA and is highly dependent on the US. Whereas Australian economy is more dependent on Asian countries, more specifically China. Australia is considered highly competitive while Canada is believed to be a family oriented and community minded.
- Outdoor Life-If you are an outdoor person, definitely then it is Australia. Australia has the variety of nature you will find mountains, beaches, wildlife and many places to go. Canada has the number of scenic places to visit such as Tofino, Quebec City, Whistler, Niagara Falls, but you have to wait for the right weather.
- Diversity-As Australia and Canada, both are immigrant countries you will find people from different countries with different cultures. Mainly Chinese, Indian community is dominant in Canada but you will also find Sri Lankan, the Jamaican population. Whereas in Australia you will find Indonesian, Thai, Lebanese and some American communities.
- Ease of application-Canada visa application process is easier than Australia. Australia has more stringent visa applications than Canada. Both countries have a points-based process but have different eligibility and processing rules.