United Kingdom, 25th May: There have been increased unannounced UK immigration audits of Tier 2 visa sponsors.
Yes, that’s true. Number of unannounced UK immigration audits of Tier 2 Visa sponsors has increased in recent times.
Increased unannounced UK immigration audits of Tier 2 visa sponsors—The unannounced UK immigration audits of Tier 2 visa sponsors have increased recently. These increased and unannounced UK immigration audits are aimed at reducing UK immigration levels. These audits are undertaken by UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) to the offices of UK Tier 2 visa sponsors.
It may be worth notable that the UKVI is likely to make visits to the company offices before giving a renewal of a sponsorship license.
So, more frequent visits can be expected by businesses where some key issues were raised during previous audits. Generally, UK Tier 2 visa sponsors get a visit by UKVI officials every four years.
<blockquote> There has been increased and unannounced UK Immigration audits of Tier 2 Visa Sponsors in the recent times. </blockquote>
What UK Immigration may view during a UK Tier 2 sponsorship license site visit?—
- Whether employees on UK Tier 2 visas know their obligations.
- Whether employer has full details of whereabouts of employees and has required systems for tracking employees
- Payroll records and bank statements reveal salary rates at same or higher than those stated in Tier 2 CoS(Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship).
- Has the UK Tier 2 visa sponsor fully implemented action points specified during earlier visits?
- All details of recruitment process need to be made. This needs to be in compliance with employers obligations as a UK Tier 2 sponsor.
- Are there any changes to corporate structure since last visit?
- Are the health and safety norms of sponsor updated?
Sponsor license compliance—Now days, getting a UK Tier 2 Sponsor license is becoming very difficult. Sponsors are facing increased and unannounced audits. The UK Home Office is seeking detailed proof about the company and the posts to be filled. It also wants to see the proof of the Resident Labor Market Test(unless there is any exemption applicable).
Hence, all sponsors must make sure that all required HR systems and processes are in place. And the Right to Work Checks have been conducted before commencement of employment by the employee. Remember, an unsatisfactory visit can have serious impact on the UK businesses.