Do you wish to migrate and Sponsor someone to Canada? Check out how do you have to manage your finances properly and fill out the necessary forms!
Migrating to Canada is not just about getting your visa clearances and your flight tickets. There is a lot more to it. You have to show certain financial documents before you can get the nod from Canadian authorities. There is a form called financial evaluation famously known as (IMM 1283).
This form helps for the assessment if you (or your mate or law partner who is common, if the undertaking is co-signed by them) have the capability financially for supporting the ones you are willing to sponsor or the members of their family.
If there are others that you plan to sponsor like:
- Your husband or wife, marital or common-law partner who does not have any family member, or
- Your husband or wife, marital or common-law partner who have children dependent on them whose own children are not dependent on them.
- Your child without kids
It must be proved by you that you do have an annual income which equals the least minimum essential income to support a group of people that consists of:
- You and the members of your family, living or not living with you
- The family members of the person you are going to sponsor
- The person and their family members who have been sponsored by you in the past, the undertaking of which is in or not in effect.
- Each person for whom the undertaking has been signed by you which is still in or not in effect.
- Every person who is not mentioned above for whom an undertaking has been co-signed by your husband or wife or the law partner which is or not in effect. This is important if they are co-signing the sponsorship undertaking currently.
All the details in the form have to be properly filled in by the individuals. If there are issues, they could be cancelled by the authorities. Be very careful.
Minimum essential income to sponsor someone in Canada
There has to be some amount that you must be earning to sponsor someone to come to Canada. The form has sections that have to be filled in with the details of the income. Depending on as many of the people you want to sponsor, the total amount can be filled in the financial form.
The details of your accessible income
At the time of finally mailing your application to the office for submission, it would be wise to check the details in your form. Income earned by you before twelve months of submitting the application has to be provided. If the officers are not satisfied with whatever you have submitted to them, they might send you correspondence regarding the submission of additional documents. Be sure to attach all the documents for evidence properly.
Who is required to prove his funds?
The minimum requirements of the following programs can only be met once the proof of your funds has been submitted:
- Federal skilled workers and skilled traders Program
Who is not required to prove his funds?
You do not have to show your funds to anyone for showing that you can financially support your family and your own self if:
- Your application comes under the required Canadian Experience
- You have been authorized to work in Canada and have received an offer regarding the same, even by applying in any of the skilled worker or trades programs.
Related read- Self Employed Immigration Programs for Canada
How much money should you be taking to Canada?
You must research well before you plan to move to Canada. The right finances that are required by you to stay in the place you have thought of settling initially have to be taken. If you can make some extra money, it would be really beneficial for you, for moving around and other expenditures.
On reaching Canada it is important to tell the Canadian Border officers the amount of money you have if you are taking more than CAN $10,000 with you. Your funds could be seized and you could be fined if you fail to do so.
This article provides you the information that you must be aware of if you are moving to Canada or if you are going to sponsor your close relative or family member. The entire financial form which is to be submitted is attached for your ready reference. Moving to Canada is easy for you if you are aware of all the documentation and the required formalities. Follow the right procedure and nothing will be difficult for you.