Canada is a dream destination for youngsters aspiring to settle abroad. However, with a secondary of higher secondary certification up your sleeve, Canada offers limited prospects for immigrants.
Reality of Job Offer in Hand
- In case that you are so keen that you want to immigrate via category C or D jobs, to Canada, then such qualification would not be a determent. The only thing to keep in mind is that, with such limited qualifications, you need to already possess an offer from an employer in Canada.
- Based on such an offer, you will be considered eligible to be part of the Canadian labor market. Do not make the mistake of thinking that getting a work permit, some way else, is a possibility.
Understand the Category
- Simple class 10 qualification does not suffice even for a category D job for Canada. You will also need to have a standard experience to boast of, even in the lower ranker D category jobs.
- The employers in Canada will have specific requirements for every job set. The experience is the means to judge how eligible you would be for an applied job.
Do not fall for touts who pose as consultants, and promise anything else otherwise.
Specifics of Contract
- Simply remember that just an offer of job via email or any other means will not suffice if you plan to immigrate post Class 10/12, to Canada. You need to have a contract that is signed from both parties’ end.
- The contract needs to specify the job details, hours, incentives and everything else.
LMIA in Hand
- Accessing your report for Labor market impact assessment is important. Talk to your employer to ensure this document is in line.
- Not having LMIA will land you in the risk to get a permit or visa denied! These pointers are not often outlined but hold importance when you plan to start your immigration journey.
PR could take Time
- While getting a D category job for 10th grade pass outs is the only option, accessibility of PR gets possible when the immigrant climbs up the career ladder to get a Category C job, in Canada.
- Provincial Nomination Program or PNP stream is also another means to tap permanent residency in any of the Canadian provinces.
PNP and Progression Streams
- If you hold a 12th grade higher secondary certificate, you automatically get eligible for category C job. There is an exhaustive list available on the federal authority site.
- Make sure you check the options out so that your experience can be attuned to the same. The documentation requirements for this category remain the same as those mentioned for category D jobs. PR possibility opens up only with career progression. The PNP streams are also applicable options.
One pointer that category C job applicants forget to tick over is fulfilling all the job roles, an employer actually advertises. that means in a previous experience, the job seeker must have covered every duty enlisted in the job category for Canada.