Applying For Global Talent Visa Australia: Eligibility, Salary Threshold, and Processing Time Details
If you are a highly skilled professional looking for a job overseas in a specific field then this is the right time to apply for Global Talent Visa Australia. The corona pandemic has affected the global economy and every country be it the UK or Australia is looking for skilled professionals to boost their economy. Global Talent Visa is the right opportunity for the talent-seeking countries as well as those looking for greener pastures abroad.
Who Can Apply For Global Talent Visa Australia?
Currently, Australia is looking for highly talented and skilled professionals in the field of:
- Space and Advance Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, ICT, and Advanced Digital, Data Science
Those who belong to these targeted sectors can apply and get selected for this Distinguished Talent Visa if they:
- Are internationally recognized for their outstanding achievements
- Have prominence for their expertise in their respective field
- Can prove that they can be an asset to country in their field
- Will be easily able to get employment in Australia and settle financially
- Have received a nomination from an Australian organization or an individual of a repute
Exceptional Talent and High Income Threshold Is Must
Apart from that, those applying for Global Talent Visa Australia must have an exceptional track record. Your chances of getting this distinguished visa can go a notch higher if you have worked at a higher position, received professional awards, and have paper/thesis published in international journals. This is a wonderful opportunity for Ph.D. and Master’s students who want to showcase their exceptional talent internationally.
It is mandatory that the applicant interested in getting this visa must have the ability to meet the high-income threshold of AUD153,600. The assessment keeps on getting amended based on the economical situation in Australia. During the assessment for the high-income threshold, the officials take into consideration the current salary of the applicant, recent masters or Ph.D., and future job offer possibilities.
How To Secure Global Talent Visa?
For both onshore and offshore applicants, the process for securing this distinguished visa is the same. The applicants will have to :
- Find a nominator who will then have to complete Form 1000
- Receive a unique identifier number (UIN) by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the GTIP
- Submit application under the subclass 858 – distinguished talent visa (DTV)
The processing of EOI may take anywhere from a few days to a couple of months after which the applicants receive a UIN. Currently, due to the corona situation, it is taking more time in the assessment of the EOI’s and hence the processing time has extended from two months to four months now and even longer.
Once UIN is received it is time to file for the DTV application. Again it takes a month or two for processing after which eventually selected candidates can receive permanent residency.