Who can Apply for Employer-Specific Work Permits Without Leaving Canada
Canada has refined details of the eligibility criteria for international people who wanted to turn on their permission to work during the pandemic situation. A temporary policy has been created to help the transient resident’s detail who is suitable for job offers.
As per the new strategy made the previous month, the qualified foreign aspirants will be given a valid status within Canada, which will help them fetch work offer-supported consent for the job. It further means that even when international people do not comply with the temporary residence rules, they would still be eligible for a job. Also, even when the decision is pending on their authorizaion to work, the qualified former international workers can work.
For the employer definite work permission, the eligibility criteria require that the distant national have to get a legal status of ‘visitor’ or be on an implied status in Canada. On 24 August 2020, they should be actually present in the country. Also, the person applying for the same should not have left Canada since then. It should be noted that they can just apply for the employer definite work permission.
The IRCC officers are given clear instructions to check that the termination date of the time for the authorized stay should be the settlement date on workers’ application.
As far as the workers meet the following eligibility criterion, the workers who have transformed to the status of a visitor will also be allowed to work.
- The workers should have a substantial interim citizen status of a visitor. Also, they should have been present in the country on 24 August 2020. Also, they must not have left the country since then.
- In the past one year, they must have procured a bona fide work permit before the date when they have applied for work permits as per the recent scheme. And this will be even though they are in the country on a visitor position.
- They must mean to perform their duties for the business particularized by the LMIA as per the recent public scheme.
- They shall use the IRCC web form for applying to the organization for the short-term authorization.
- They shall request to avail work authorization till a verdict is made on their application for the work permit.
In the pandemic situation, the practice of traveling out of the country and flying back is expelled. Before the pandemic hit, it was a common practice that the international workers would go away from Canada and again come back for getting their visa activated. But now any such travel falls under the category of ‘non-essential travel.’
Earlier, Marco Mendicino, Canada’s Immigration Minister said that the recent methodology would benefit the temporary international employees and the Canadian employers in the same way. They can skip the step while the corona virus procedures are still effective.