There is no particular difference in the way of tracking of visitor visa application even if you have applied on paper. The only difference is in the process and the submission. So, here are the few steps that one has to follow to apply for and check the status of visitor visa or for that matter any form of visa to Canada.
To ensure that the Visa application is assigned a Tracking Number and does not get lost in mass, ensure following
- All applications come in packages that have guide to help you with the application.
- The guide should be read thoroughly to know which forms and documents need to be submitted.
- The fee needs to be paid before the application is submitted and the receipt needs to be sent to the Government of Canada.
- The guide then tells you where to submit the application forms.
Checking the status of the application depends on the type of visa that has been applied for. However, the status can only be checked once the center has started processing your application. Once the application reaches the center, the latter sends an acknowledgement of receipt letter or an email with an application number. If you cannot check the status online, refer to the processing time guideline to find how much time does it take to process the application.
5. If the center needs additional documents, instructions are sent to the candidate by mail or e-mail instructing where to submit them.
Tracking Canada Visa application-in detail
Online, there is an application called ‘Track Your Application’, which can only be used if you have submitted an application for a visa at the Canada Visa Application Center and have received an acknowledgement with a tracking number.
However, note this. The tracking application may only provide information on the current location of processing your application and not provide the exact stage of the application process. Tracking can be done by entering the tracking ID number mentioned on the receipt received from the Visa Application Center and the date of birth.
It is okay to receive an error message while accessing the website. Candidates are recommended to continue and proceed as the website is secured.