Planning to study in Canada, then Statement of Purpose or SOP is an essential factor in the application process. SOP is an essay that describes the intention of applying for a given college or university. Colleges and universities generally guide students and to SOPs. Do not forget to mention here about your goal.
If you follow all the instructions correctly, the Statement of Purpose to apply for a Canadian study visa is not hard to write. It is a document produced to persuade the respective university to choose you as the student of their future.
A good Statement of Purpose can take you to the college you want to target very close. Colleges or universities are serious about reading every SOP so try writing an effective SOP instead of copying from the internet.
The Need for Statement of Purpose
It is vital to write an excellent SOP since Universities take it very seriously. Admission of any particular student to college or university is contingent on the SOP. Definition of your goals and achievements should be plain enough. The admission team judges students’ goals and assists them in achieving their goal. It is an important requirement with the documents in the application for a study visa. Your SOP information serves as a key to unlocking your entry door. So, try making your SOP simple, innovative, catchy and successful.
How to Write an Excellent SOP?
- Do not copy the content of the SOP from any online source.
- Don’t write very long SOP’s. A good SOP must be of 600-700 words.
- Please explain the reason for getting admission and its role for your future in a particular course.
- Avoid grammar errors in SOP and write your SOP in short sentences.
- Don’t overwrite your SOP unnecessarily. Include only the details that are needed to be added.
- To make it meaningful, write your SOP in a conversational tone.
- Expert advice will help you get a successful SOP posted.
- In SOP, reflect yourself indirectly, without speaking a word.
- Reply very honestly to all the questions.
- Your SOP is your own story, so write as first-person and highlight your educational or extracurricular achievements.
Essential Points to be Added in an SOP
- The professional aim,
- financial history,
- academic objective
- personal qualities,
- justification for choosing the course or extracurricular activities in college,
- Academic and extracurricular achievements
While drafting your SOP, please don’t write about your family background, informal language and repetitive use of words and unnecessary information.
Format of SOP for Canada Student Visa
- Write at the beginning of the organisation/university.
- This section is for discussion of your passion for studying in this area.
- The summary of the academic background is mandatory to be included in this section.
- Discuss new professional achievements to get selectors impressed.
- Explain the reasons why the particular institution was chosen for entry.
- The final step is to read and edit the entire document correctly.
Finally, SOPs are written in many ways. Every international student tries its best and practices specific ways to create this argument. Most students don’t take it seriously because they find their grades outstanding. It is not an appropriate way of thinking as this will take you to another step or else, the application will be rejected.