The country of Canada has an FSW or Federal Skilled Worker program that has been designed for those individuals who have been chosen for immigration into Canada on account of their skills and work experience.
Note that from 1st January 2015, the candidates for the FSW Program will be chosen via the System of Express Entry. In case the candidate has applied prior to having 1st January 2015, their application will be processed as per the former system.
For eligibility to enter Canada as a Skilled Worker, the candidate:
– Must get a job offer; or
– Has to be eligible in order to work in the country; or
– Must be in a position to prove that they have sufficient funds to support themselves as well as their dependents once you enter Canada;
– must have a 1 year of skilled work experience either full-time or equivalent;
– The candidate must also meet the minimum language in either French or English.
– They must also have a diploma, a post-secondary certificate, or degree;
What is the experience is required to live outside the Quebec Province?
Firstly, the work experience on the Canadian National Occupational Classification has to be Skill Level A, Skill Type 0, or Skill Level B. The work experience you have has to be paid for and full-time or must have equal hours if it is a part-time job.
(Full-time is a minimum of 30 hours a week. This work experience must be for the last 10 years.)
In case you have got a permanent job offer, the above limits are not applicable.
The Federal Skilled Worker Point System
- A minimum of 67 points is required to be eligible for this system. The points are granted based on:
– The education of the candidate;
– The abilities of the candidate in French and/or English
– The candidate’s work experience;
– The candidate’s age;
– The employment of the candidate in Canada; and
– The adaptability of the candidate
How does one apply under FSW?
In case you have the eligibility for applying under the FSW system, you can submit the profile to the Express Entry System.
This is a new system of online application that is available categories of economic immigration like the FSW.
Hope the article helps you to enter Canada as a skilled worker. Do let us know if you have further doubts, we will be more than happy to assist you.