The short term program is provided for the permanent residentship to individuals who have work experience in Canada since 30 November 2014 as a home support worker, home childcare provider, or a combination of both the services.
The work experience should match with the initial description as well as with the best of major duties for Canada’s National Occupational Classification 4412 or 4411.
The July 8 pathway opening is the second since it was unveiled first by the Canadian government during the initial months of this year and it will accept all the applications for the following 3 months.
The intern pathway for caregivers now opens to individuals who intend to reside outside Quebec and can meet the following criteria:
- Having a Canadian high school diploma or even a non-Canadian education diploma residential or certificate that is equal to a diploma from a Canadian high school
- Apart from the work permit as live-in care given program, it should have the authorization to work in the country of Canada on a regular work permit.
- Language skills of NCLC/CLB 5 in French or English
- Eligible and applied for status restoration and have work permit apart from the live-in caregiver program work permit as the latest work permit
- Full-time work experience of 12 months in Canada since 30th November 2014 in a similar occupation
- Educational credential assessment will be required by foreign credentials that are issued within five years from the application date from one of the approved organizations. This indicates that the foreign certificate diploma addition is equivalent to a secondary school diploma
- Applied for a work permit renewal other than the live-in caregiver program work permit