Usually, after facing deportation, it seems difficult to re-entry the US and immigration authorities make sure of that. Depending upon the crime, Immigrants are mostly Inadmissible, and in some cases, deportation is of some years and immigrants can legally come to the US back. One solution is Marriage to a US Citizen is the loophole for Re-Entering the US after Being Deported.
Marriage to a US Citizen is the loophole for Re-Entering the US after Being Deported-
Inadmissibility could be of different reason and duration-
Duration of Inadmissible to the US can be varied depending on the reason for being deported. We can further see the duration inadmissibility in the US by taking examples as follows-
- The permanent bar has been imposed on the immigrants who once get deported but illegally re-enter the country got a permanently expelled with no waiver.
- People who have deported on the immigration laws grounds get exile of 10 years after they get evicted from the US. They can reapply after ten years.
- People had been deported according to the IIRIRA in 1996; they got deported for ten years starting from the day of deportation.
- People have been arrested entering the States illegally or even attempted to get deported for five years.
- People who have been deported as they have committed a felony got deported for 20 years starting from the day of departure.
- People who go missing from their removal trials in the court got deported for 5 to 10 years depending on the judge orders.
A loophole in inadmissibility criterion- Marrying a US Citizen-
But if we go through legal terminology, we can find a loophole of entering the country again. One of the loopholes is Marriage to a US Citizen is the loophole for Re-Entering the US after Being Deported. After getting married to US citizen, you come under Immediate Relative category, and you can process the immigration procedure through that.
But if found inadmissible at any stage of the immigration process, your application of Green Card can’t be entertain. To avoid this, you need to fill Waiver of Inadmissibility form, and along with that, you need to present multiple convincing reasons for the approval of the waiver.
Marriage may be a loophole for re-entering after the deportation in the US, but the process such as waiver or re-entering involves tricky laws, so one should hire an attorney for the same. With the experience, the attorney has the best shot to save you from the deportation again.