Ontario Permanent Residency Program offers Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream under the Permanent Residency Program Canada. The Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream enables experience skilled workers to get a permanent residency in Ontario by engaging themselves in an eligible work grade under the Ontario immigration process.
A candidate needs to score certain points in order to qualify for the Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream under the Federal Skilled Trades Program Points Calculator. A candidate has to follow certain things according to the rules of the Ontario permanent residency program.
As this stream is known for being a part of the Express Entry of Canada, a successful candidate will receive an additional 600 points under the CRS or comprehensive ranking system. This is followed by receiving an Invitation To Apply, ITA in abbreviated form for obtaining the permanent residency of Ontario.
What are the eligibility criteria for the interview Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream?
In order to be eligible for this stream, one needs to qualify some of the conditions. Below, you can get the conditions for the Ontario Immigration under the Provincial Nominee Program of Canada Immigration.
- An individual needs to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class
- Individual needs to have a valid profile in the Federal Express Entry Pool
- An individual needs to possess Ontario’s Notification Of Interest through the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or IRCC Express Entry account online.
- An individual needs to indicate interest in immigrating to “All Provinces and Territories” or Ontario, as stated in the Express Entry Profile.
What are the provincial eligibility criteria?
There are some additional conditions that candidates need to fulfill in order to become eligible for the Ontario express entry skilled trades stream. The conditions are listed below:
- An individual needs to maintain a certain level of settlement funds
- An individual needs to show the intention of residing in the city of Ontario
- The candidate must be presently residing in the city on a valid work permit
- An individual needs to have the minimum Canadian language benchmark 5 in French or English. It is necessary to prove this by passing the standardized language test that is recognized by the Canadian and Ontario government.
- A candidate need to have certification of trade license from the Ontario college of trades, provided he is working or has already worked in any of the cooperation in Ontario, which demands certification or a license
Individuals must have a minimum of 12 months of full-time work experience or equivalently any part-time job in Ontario within 2 years from the very date of issuing the Notification Of Interest from Ontario. The work experience needs to be in a skilled trade occupation that is listed under the minor group 633 or the major group 73, 72 or 82 of the NOC system or national occupational classification system.