The first question that would come to anybody’s mind when you think about settling in Germany would be “is it important to know German to settle there”? The only thing you need to know in this regard is that it is definitely a positive thing to learn the language. Language helps you make quick connections and settle down comfortably in any new place. If you are willing to go to Germany for work and study-related reasons it becomes important to provide the proof of skills that you have in German. There is a requirement for the German language and proof that you know it if you are applying for a visa, in quite a several cases.
- Work-related requirement: You might not need the expertise in the German language for the job profile that you apply for, but your CV reflecting your knowledge of the language definitely improves your chances of getting selected for the job. The language helps you settle into the environment properly. Many terms are technically important for opportunities related to foreign language courses.
- Openings in healthcare departments: If you wish to work in the healthcare sector. It is mandatory to have certifications that certify that you know the language. Only the certificate from well-recognized universities is accepted. As per the guidance from the German Federal State, the levels b1 and b2 of the CEFR which stands for common European framework of reference for languages are required.
- If you have plans to take your wife to Germany with you: As per the act of German residence if you plan to take your wife along with you to Germany. The spouses who join their better half from third countries must have the familiarity with the German language if they wish to apply for the visa(as per the Sec 30 (1) of the GRA. Usually, it is the skills of level A1 of CEFR, that one should possess.
- Importance for trainers or students: If degree programs in the German language are what you are putting your application, the proof of your knowledge in German is required.
The Procedure for Visa for Germany
- Everyone needs a visa to enter Germany. The Right visa depends on your qualification and the country you belong to.
- EU Citizens and member states of EFTA
- The member states that come under EFTA like Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein are entitled to free movement and hence can enter and work without any documentation.
- The nationals of the third country (Non- members of EFTA or EU)
Job opportunities in Germany, Jobs in high demand
Professionals in the field of Nursing
Germany has a very stable healthcare system. They hire well-trained professionals. They are ready to hire dedicated and hardworking professionals in hospitals, nursing facilities, and caring services at home.
Need for Physicians – Health care professionals can look forward for great job openings in Germany
The health care system in Germany is dependent on qualified, young, and dedicated workers. The clinic specialists, healthcare centers, hospitals, and doctors practicing privately are always looking for doctors or professionals in the field of medicine.
High demand for Engineers in Germany- Good number of openings for experienced engineers in Germany
The huge scope and demand for engineers help the workers get well-paid jobs in Germany.
The IT sector in Germany is full of opportunities for enthusiasts. There are start-ups, manufacturing industries, and large companies which are hiring IT professionals at amazing packages.
The sector is booming with science and technological inventions in the field. Experts in scientific disciplines are sought after at all levels.
The salaries and taxes in Germany
You are paid very high salaries in Germany depending on the profession you are in. You are surely at par with the best in the industry. You must know that certain taxes are deducted from your total salary and the net is what is paid to you. The taxes and some contributions to society are what are mostly deducted.
You are insured as an employee and are provided all the benefits during times of need.
How fast can you get citizenship in Germany?
All the professionals who are qualified can apply for the citizenship if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- If you have already held a residence permit for the last four years as per the German resident’s Act of the sections 18a, b, or d.
- You are living a good life and bearing all the costs without the usage of public funds.
- You have paid a minimum of 48 months of voluntary and mandatory contributions to the statutory pension insurance fund.
- You are working as per your academic qualifications or for the job you are definitely qualified for.
- You possess sufficient knowledge regarding the language, social and legal orders of the way of living in Germany.
- You can afford the living space for yourself and your family.
Germany gives you a life full of satisfaction. The standard of living is very high. If you fulfil the requirements, it is the best place to be.