The Agri-Food Pilot was launched by the Canadian Government to help address the requirements of labor for the agriculture and food sector of the Canadian Government.
The project helps in providing permanent residence to the knowledgeable, non-seasonal workforces in particular trades and occupations. It has been scheduled to run till May 2023.
Check out the details of the Agri Food Pilot procedure launched by Canada for farm workers immigrants
If you are willing to apply for staying permanently under the Agri-Food Project, you have to fulfill following requirements:
- The Canadian work experience which is eligible in one or more occupations and trades offer which is full time and non-seasonal from an employer-based in Canada, in one of the trades and occupations which is eligible (must not be inside Quebec)
- The language requirements have to be met or exceeded
- The educational requirements have to be met or exceeded
- You must prove you have the settlement money (if applicable)
- You need to maintain your temporary resident status (if you are already in Canada)
If you are already a farmer and self-employed
If you have the necessary skills and you are operating or own a farming business with the required skills. You have the financial ability for establishing a farming business that has sustainability.
The applicants need to fulfill the following requirements as well:
- A proof from the applicant must be provided which shows the prior supervisory experience with the existing business in farming.
- The documents regarding the proof regarding the education, work experience, and training if any that are necessary to develop a sustainable farming business.
- The applicant needs to propose a plan that he feels fits the operation of the farming business.
- The applicant must have the necessary evidence that proves that a financial institution in Canada is willing to provide the financial investment into the business that has been proposed by the individual.
- A minimum of CAD 500,000 of equity is required to be invested by the applicant if he is proposing the business of farming. There is a possibility that other than this minimum amount the individual is required to demonstrate the capability to invest more amount as well.
- So, other than the net worth of CAD 500,000 that the individual must have he must be able to prove that he or she has access to such funds from other sources also.
The necessary language requirements to meet the eligibility criteria for Canada Agri Food Pilot Project:
You must be able to prove your ability in English or French. There is a minimum language requirement of CLB or Canadian language benchmarks or the NCLC 4th level in:
- Speaking, and
You have to submit your test results from a test that is an approved test of language skills. The results that you submit must be more than two years old at the time of submitting of application.
This opportunity for entry and permanent stay in Canada is not always open. You could try as per the availability of the Agri project. There is another year to go. If you have the necessary requirements, you must apply the necessary procedure and grab a chance to stay in one of the most beautiful destinations in the world.