With Covid-19 showing no signs of slowing down or fading away, a number of visitors to Canada on temporary visa or visitor’s visa have been stuck up. With flights not available to a number of countries or travel restrictions, varied sections of people from students to parents on a visit and so on are not able to return to their home countries.
Inform Authorities of reasons for extension of Visa
However, staying over without the required regulation fulfillment is a strict no-no. It could also lead you into legal trouble. The primary move to make in such a scenario is to get in touch with the relevant authorities.
Documents Required to file application for extension of Visa
- Apply for a visitor record, first thing. This is because you might have entered Canada as a visitor or temporary resident via either a visitor visa or an eTa, that is, electronic travel authorization.
- Make sure that you do not wait for your permit to expire before applying for a new record. If the authorities sanction the stay, visitors can extend their Canadian sojourn by up to six months. The tip here is to keep track of the applicability of your visitor visa or travel authorization.
- Never apply on the last date either since processing times could cause complications. Apply about a month before expiry date is the way to take.
- Keep in mind that a visitor record is valid if you want extension of stay but will eventually return, without coming back to Canada soon.
However, if you want to return to your home country an then return back to Canada, apply for a visitor visa.
Make Application for extension of Visa Online
The advantage of online application is faster procession timeline involved. Of course, remember not to make both offline paper and then online application. The pros of online extension application are-
- Instant acceptance
- No mailing charges
- Ease of edits
- Quicker document upload
- Ease of update tracking
Remember, besides the relevant documents, you will need to keep a valid payment mode (card) handy. A scanner will also be needed. Some basic questions in the form have to be answered. Make sure you do so correctly.
Due to Covid 19, applicants for stay extension in Canada will be exempt from bio-metrics feed-in. If you are a student in a study permit that needs extension make sure you stay aware of the facility of staying in the country for up to three months of course completion.
However, post that you have to apply for extension of stay. There are few eligibility factors applicable for the same.
Documents for Student Stay Extension
- Valid passport or travel documents
- Document of acceptance into a designated institution in Canada
- Availability of funds to support your stay and travel
- Medical certificate
- VFS consent form that is completely filled up