Are you looking for a job in Canada that is not from the online boards? If yes, you have come to the right place as here we’ll discuss the Hidden Jobs market you can find in Canada. The term ‘Hidden Job market’ is used to explain those jobs not shown on social media or advertisements. In today’s times. More than 80% of the job positions are occupied by either direct or indirect sources of job information and advice. Now, it is required that people go beyond search engines and digital job boards to get their future opportunities. To know how you can tap hidden job markets in Canada, keep on reading the article.
Strategies to Tap Hidden Job Markets in Canada
Many strategies can help you go beyond the online job sites and give you a lot of benefits. The strategy to make you tap the Hidden Job market are mentioned below –
- Make Networks- It is always essential for you to tell people about your job interests. You can easily do this work by upfronting about the job you are searching for and the things you are interested in, to your family, friends, sports team and all other people you know. This helps you to expand your networks.
Also Read- How to make a winning resume in Canada
- Use Your Connections to Get Opportunities- Many people have experienced that after they show their skills to someone who is officially connected to them, they get their desired jobs. You need to portray your skills and interests to your connections to get higher opportunities.
- Be Certain About Your Aim- ensure yourself about what you want to achieve for the long term. Then make a plan which will concentrate on your aims and work for them with focus. Once you are sure about your goals, you won’t get distracted by other unnecessary things. You will have command over your mind to accomplish your results.
- Visit Where the Jobs are Situated- To find the right job, go to the places where job opportunities are higher. Ask official people for jobs, and you will have more chances to get selected.
- Write Down the Information You Have – You can approach newspapers, magazines, and some more publications which target that market or industry you wish to work in and give them a proposal to let you write a free column.
- Highlight Your Head Shot- If you are looking for a job based on hospitality and friendly and photogenic, you must add your photograph to your business card. This will raise your chances of succeeding in the career. For a hospitality-based job, you should be looking and behaving in such a way that any customer would be comfortable reaching.
- Think Out of the Box- To get something more significant, you need to think differently and impressively. There are many ideas like- if you want to open your bakery, so on the packages, you are delivering you can add a piece of paper saying some funny things about life. It may make your customer smile!
- Explore Your Field- Apply for a job outside of your field, but it must settle you in connection to your industry. This can give you exposure to understand your domain in a different and better way.
- Arrange a Contest- Initiate a chain of emails that would comprise your resume, links to your blog or website, the videos you’ve created, or any other thing you have done to elevate your job hunt and send it to your family friends, and other connections. To attract people, offer a reward.
To conclude, Hidden Job Market is a term used to explain the jobs which aren’t shown on social media platforms. In this article, we’ve discussed various strategies which can help you to tap the Hidden Job market in Canada.