The Detailed Italy Visa Application Process : Read Before You Apply
Introduction to Italy Visa Process
Italy’s visa application process is important for those who want to work in Italy and visit Italy just for a holiday or have any other reasons. The country is a member of the Schengen area and European Union. Italy issues a Schengen visa for various purposes like study, work, tourism, medical treatment, and visiting family/friends. The Italy visa application process depends on the purpose you have to visit Italy. To understand this process, keep on reading this article.
Short-Term Visa Requirements (90 Days of Visit)
- The Schengen visa application form for Italy should be signed and filled. You can fill the form on your PC and later take a printout. Websites like VFS global and the Italian Embassy website can download the application form.
- You must give two personal photos with a background in white color. The photos’ information is readable by the Visa Application Centre and embassy website.
- You are required to give a penned reason if any Schengen visa has been refused in the past two years.
- You need to have a valid passport for six months with immigration stamps at the airport and a minimum of two empty pages for the short-term visa.
- There is a requirement of your matrimonial details such as divorce certificate, marriage certificate, or death certification).
- To fulfill the visa officer’s needs, you need to give your travel history.
- In case you have any old passport, you are requested to join the copies of used pages from the old passport.
- You need to show the reservation of the hotel you are staying in as proof of living in Italy.
- You need to prove that there is enough money in the six-month bank statement form with bank assurance.
Requirements for a Trip To Italy
- If your is trip is for one to five days, then money required for one person: 269.60 EUR/day and for groups: 212.81EUR/day.
- If the stay is for six to ten days, the money required for one person: 44.93 EUR/day and for groups: 26.33 EUR/day.
- If the stay is for eleven to twenty days, the money required for one person: 36.67 EUR/day and for groups: 22.21 EUR/day. The fixed funds required for one person: 51.64 EUR/ day, for groups: 25 EUR/day.
- For the duration of more than twenty days, the money required for one person: 27.89EUR/day and for groups: 17.04EUR/day. The fixed funds required for one person: 206.58EUR/day and for groups: 118.79EUR/day.
Italy Visa Application Process: For Indians
If you are from India and want to apply for Visa to visit Italy, follow the below steps:
Step – 1: Visit the website of VFS Global.
Step – 2: Make a meeting to submit the visa application at the VFS Global visa application center.
Step – 3: Now, you are required to submit additional documents like national ID card copy,
Criminal status examination certificate and a few more.
You will get your visa after satisfying some requirements in the application center.
Note: The Italian embassy is located in New Delhi to submit the visa application. But three more consular offices are there in Mumbai, Kolkata, and Nepal.
Conclusion- A complete application for Visa will help you get Visa granted faster
Knowledge about Italy’s visa application process is crucial if you want to go to Italy. There are different requirements for the process for different purposes, and you can complete them once you understand them.