What Are The Option for Self-Employed Canadian Immigration?
It’s always interesting to feel when you are a self-employed individual who has their own start-up, or a business even better if you are working as a freelancer. I mean the chances of getting recognition are clearly seen without any difficulty or interruptions and also don’t get me wrong when I said it’s easier this way. I’m sure being a freelancer or having your own startup can be difficult at times to handle but all in all, it’s all worth it. Moreso, settling down as Freelancer is an ideal option after immigration to Canada.
Many people feel it’s a better career option just to avoid working in Corporate firms or big MNCs for that matter and have your own salaries without working under anyone or anything and manage your own salary and finances. The only sad part is there is no visa for self-employed who want to go to Canada or move to Canada where these programs are available.
Individuals who are interested in joining this program then can apply through Quebec Canada immigration or self-employed Canada immigration.
Processing Time for Self-Employed Canada Immigration Program for Canada
This self-employed program takes approximately 24 months of processing time when you are applying for this program. Your application status depends on the processing time and how fast the IRCC approves your application for you to immigrate to Canada. This could vary from within a few months or a year. In most cases, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) after you apply .
Also Read- Cost of Living in Canada
Application Fee Charges for Self Employed
These are some of the things which you need to know
- The immigration fees are divided into two parts Business Immigration fee and The Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
- Business Immigration fees cost about $1,572 and The Right of Permanent Residence fee costs about $500.
- Supposedly if you have a spouse or a partner then the application fee would cost around $825.
- The supposed spouse or partner RPRF fee would cost around $500.
- If your family members are dependents, you would have to pay an additional fee which costs $225 per individual
Eligibility Criteria for Self-Employed Canada Immigration
Qualifications that you need while applying for this programs are as follows:
- You need to have experience which is relevant to your business.
- When you plan to immigrate to Canada you need to be willingly self-employed either as a freelancer or as a business owner.
- You will also have to meet the program requirements as well.
- While submitting your application you will have to meet the medical team, security checks, and other conditions too.
Steps for Applying for Self-Employed Program
Step 1: You need to gather the application package
In general, when you are immigrating to Canada you will receive an application package that is available for self-employed individuals which include a guide and document checklists that simply ensure that you are completely prepared and ready to immigrate to Canada. Nowadays, in most cases, you need to give a biometric where your fingerprints will be scanned after you apply
Step 2: Pay your application fees
When you are planning to immigrate to Canada as a self-employed individual then you need to follow these steps for submitting your application and fees.
- You need to first pay the processing fee.
- Secondly, you’ll have to pay The Right Of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) which makes your living in Canada a little bit easier.
- Thirdly you’ll have to pay the Biometric fee while submitting your application form.
- If there are any conditions that need to be followed then you’ll have to pay third-party fees which include medical fees and exams, police certificates, and language testing.
Step 3: Submit your application
You will know when your application is ready to be submitted when you have filled the application forms, successfully answered all the questions, when you have signed the application forms, paid the processing fees along with supporting documents that are required for submitting. Then you can submit your application for immigrating to Canada.
How to apply to this program?
Please download the form and start applying. Should you need any help, you can get back to us for help or advise on how to complete application.
You can also join our network on Linkedin and stay updated on the latest news on Immigration.