The act of Strengthening Canadian Citizenship was formed by the past Conservative government and brought in use on May 28, 2015.
This act tells about the conditions in which Canadian citizenship can be withdrawn, with the help of a capable citizenship cancellation lawyer.
The loss of Canadian citizenship can be caused if:
- If you had earned your citizenship by the wrong term, cheating, or intentionally created such situations and gained dual citizenship.
- If you are a punished and known terrorist.
- You were sentenced for any crime or betrayal.
- You were in the armies of a nation with which Canada has a war.
The process of withdrawal of Canadian Citizenship by Immigration Department
The representative will cancel your citizenship’s last and ultimate decision of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. Opposite from the national court, the case is decided by the Minister, according to the citizenship act. The Minister has got the authority to make decisions regarding the cancellation of citizenship.
If there is a case of crime, according to the Minister, the ministry will send you a notice to make you aware that your citizenship can be withdrawn. After getting a notice that your citizenship is at the risk of being withdrawn, this is for your information regarding your citizenship, and you should take help from the lawyer of citizenship cancellation.
Now another step is about management at Immigration, Citizenship of Canada to make different refugees start ruling. Written response is also allowed. The hearing may also take place if the other side has evidence. After the judgment, you will receive a notice.
Until the final decision is made, all the rights and privileges have been stopped for citizenship. You have to renounce citizenship again if the notice is served to the Minister. If the Minister cancels your citizenship, you will lose all your rights and licenses of Canadian citizenship, which starts from the day from when the decision was made.
Also Read – Power of Immigration Officers
Reasons for cancellation of Canadian citizenship
There are some reasons for the cancellation of citizenship, that is:
- If the Minister does the removal, you will have to return to the status given that the cheating was associated with your citizenship application.
- If your permanent residence application was supported by fake or malafide documents, you would lose all your status in Canada, and that indicates you will be considered as stateless.
All the major crimes, including wars, crimes violating mankind, terrorism, spying, or any danger to the national security, will be handled in the guidance of Federal Court. The applicants who were a member of the foreign army or the group that stood against Canada at war are also dealt with under this court.
A petition can be filed in the Federal Court within 30 days after the citizenship is canceled. You should get help from the citizenship cancellation lawyer to help with this procedure or any other citizenship problems that occur.