The new policy by the Australian Government Reforms Visa Rule and shows that international students are essential for the contribution of Australia’s economy, as they contribute $40 billion annually to the economy and by supporting 250k jobs.
During this pandemic period, the Government of Australia has listed Five Key Points to Accommodate International Students:
- The first point states that the Government of Australia will grant the student visas to all the locations outside Australia. It implies that when the borders might get open, the students have already got the visas, as their next step is to make travel arrangements.
- International students can further lodge their visa applications free of cost if they cannot complete their studies within the original validity of visas due to the corona pandemic.
- The students who are studying online but located in different countries due to COVID-19 can use that study to count for the Australian study need for a post-study job visa.
- Those who are graduates and have a student visa can be eligible for a post-study work visa if they are from outside Australia and are stuck due to COVID-19.
- Extra time will be provided for the students to showcase their English results where the services are maligned due to COVID-19.
A study group also supports the decision of the Australian Government that has made international students’ efforts to the Australian economy and local communities. We have already stated that international students are vital for the contribution of the economy of the country as well as they support several jobs for the coming years as it takes a crucial step for the Australian Government.
Notice Sent by Alex Chevrolet Regarding Australian Government Reforms Visa Rule
The Managing director for study group Alex Chevrolle states that these announcements, which are made by the Government of Australia, send an essential and timely signal for the students who prefer to study in Australia. They also boost confidence in the students as they can start applying for visas from now.
Study Group has been in partnership with the Higher Education and even the Government to strengthen their message among the students. Also, these policies will showcase that the Australian Government is putting its welcoming words into action. The chief principle here states that international students can begin their course work online and finish it onshore so that when borders reopen and then it will be somewhat safe to do so.
After the announcement of Australia’s message to all the international students, Universities Minister Dan Tehan also stated that when we put our all efforts to curb the virus, then it may be a chance to reopen the borders for international students, as when we are in a safe zone, we can start on face-to-face learning.
Results of the Notification as Australian Government Reforms Visa Rule
So, these measures will help to get back again and resume the ordinary lives of international students as Australia is the fourth largest export sector in international education. Like, we have taken some necessary steps to curb the virus for the Australian citizens, and usually, we will begin those efforts also for the international students Ian Tudge said.
He further added Australia has the lowest rates of COVID-19, and it is the most crucial sector for world-class international education. We also welcome students who have a passion for learning safely and securely.