Is moving to Canada on your mind? Here is an express entry program that can help you get a full-time job offer along with the Permanent Residency in Yukon. The Yukon Nominee Program (YNP), also known as Yukon Express Entry, is an immigration program to Canada. It offers the skillful and experienced foreign workforce a PR status and a job offer.
When a Yukon employer finds it difficult to hire a qualified worker in Canada, the employer can fill that position through Express Entry by nominating a skilled overseas candidate. However, the offered job must be either of skill level Zero, A, and B as per the NOC (National Occupational Classification).
The Express Entry program has three classes under which a candidate can acquire the nomination, which includes Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker, and Federal Skilled Trades. The nominated workers will receive points under the Comprehensive Ranking System or CRS; obtaining above 600 points is an assurance of a future invitation for the application in the upcoming Express Entry draw.
The employer and the nominated candidate will work together during the application process, outlining all the information related to the job offer made. Also, the government of Yukon’s Department of Economic Development makes the Yukon employer and the candidate sign a tripartite agreement that indicates the rights as well as the responsibilities of both the parties.
Employer’s eligibility requirements for Yukon Express Entry
A Yukon employer is required to fulfill certain requirements to be eligible to nominate a foreign candidate under Yukon Express Entry, which includes:
- Be a permanent resident of Canada
- Must have a registered and operational business in Yukon, completing at least a year
- Should have valid licenses.
- All the requirements of territorial labor standards must be met
- Should have advertised the job position for a minimum of four weeks seeking qualified Canadian candidates prior to nominating an overseas worker
- Must validate the qualifications and experience of the candidate before filing the nomination
- Must offer free health insurance to the nominated candidate with coverage equal to a resident of Yukon
- The offered payment should at least be the median wage offered in Yukon.
- All the air travel expenses of the nominee to reach Yukon must be paid, even when the applicant fails to obtain the PR status.
- If the nominee is already in Yukon, an interview should be arranged with an immigration officer of the Yukon Government.
Overseas candidate’s eligibility requirements
To be eligible via Yukon Express Entry, a foreign candidate must fulfill requirements that include:
- Must be eligible for any of the three classes of Express Entry
- Should already be in the Express Entry pool with a profile number, which is valid
- Establish sufficient funds required to settle in Yukon, including of the dependants, if any
- Must submit all the required qualification certificates, education and employment history, medical reports, language test results, and any other documents required, without fail.