If you are living in Ontario and wish to Work as a Truck Driver in Ontario, then you must read on. It is essential to pay attention to the fact that there is a lot that needs to be done, in addition to getting a trucking license.
Truck Driver: A Satisfying Career
If you look at the bright side, then you will understand that there can be nothing better than trucking for all those people who wish to see the country carefully and also get paid to do it.
Well, there are some of the simple points that you need to keep in mind if you wish to pursue your dream trucking job.
Where to Start to Work as a Truck Driver in Ontario:
- Get a driving license: You must have at least the G Class Driving License if you wish to take up driving as a career in Ontario. You can become a wholly licensed commercial driver if you already possess a G1 or G2 class license.
- A good driving record: Not many companies will be interested in hiring your services if there is any kind of violations on your driving record. You can easily choose to get the license reinstated.
- Minimum 18 years of age: You can apply for a legal driving license only if you 18 years old (minimum). You will be able to make the most of the insurance premiums only if you are above 25 years of age. Also, many companies consider the fact that the older you are, the more experience you will be having.
- Passing an MTO medical test: You need to be healthy if you wish to work as a trucking driver in Ontario. You need to get a clean chit in the medical examination. Approval of a medical specialist will help you in getting a driving license faster.
- No criminal record: If you have been associated with any kind of criminal activity in the past, then it can be a tricky task for you to work as a driver in Ontario.
- Proper training: You will have to undergo a training program in driving to get your license.
- Passing a written test: You need to pass the written test to prove that you have learned all that you need to know as a trucker.
- Passing a road test: Before you can actually start working as a professional truck driver you will have to pass a real truck driving test.
- Starting on the base rung: Even when you start working as a truck driver you will have to prove your skills to the company so that you can take up long-haul trucking.
- You don’t necessarily need your own truck: You will need your own truck only when you plan to become a private contractor.
Working as a professional truck driver is not all that easy in Ontario. You need to keep the points mentioned above in your mind so that you can go to all the beautiful places and make lots of money also.