One of the most preferred immigration countries for people across the globe, New Zealand is known for its compliant socio-economic and political set up. It ranks among the top countries in terms of living parameters.
To increase the New Zealand skilled workforce, the country has made skilled migration category core to the immigration strategy. The category was designed to minimize the mismatch between the skills the country needs and the skilled people who arrive here from outside. Migration under this category, therefore, follows a step-by-step application process- from the initial assessment of ability to the settlement stage in New Zealand.
Things to remember while Applying to Immigrate to Newzealand
- If you are highly skilled worker, your application will be processed quickly
- Those who have applied under highly skilled occupations may be eligible for a temporary work permit rather than a permanent residency visa.
- If you are a highly skilled worker and are applying for a skill level one occupation that earns over $55,000, you can be granted a five-year work permit rather than applying for a residence visa. This can be also be extended for 3 years, depending the skill that you represent still exists at the time of your application.
Eligibility to emigrate to New Zealand
- One must be under the age of 56 years
- Must meet the health, character and English requirement
- Must have acquired 100 points in the immigration system to be able to express an expression of interest
Once successful, you will be issued the following documents to Apply for Immigration to Newzealand:
- A residence visa will be issued, which must be used within 12 months from the date of issue. It cannot be renewed or extended. If the candidate does not travel within 12 months , the visa will expire and the candidate ha to reapply for residence.
- A residence permit issued on your arrival to New Zealand, allowing you to remain in the country permanently
- A work permit allowing you to stay in the country for five years after which you can apply for 3-year extensions to stay in the country legally.
Employment opportunities in New Zealand
Person already having a skilled professional job offer in New Zealand are preferred in the application process. However, it is not a requirement to qualify for migration under this category. Nurses, social workers, engineers, motor mechanics, electricians, welders, fabricators and metal workers are particularly in high demand in New Zealand. Therefore, workers in these profession might be preferred in the immigration process.
The different types of Visa PR options that are available include:
- Skilled Migrant Category
- Family Category Visa
- Business and Investment, which is further divided into investor and entrepreneur categories
Key benefits of New Zealand PR Visa
- One can live indefinitely in New Zealand
- One can access the facilities provided by the healthcare system in New Zealand
- Provides access to the facilities provided by New Zealand education system
- It allows multiple exits
Pre-requisites for Application for Immigration to New Zealand defined
- The candidate, the partner or any dependent children below 17 years of age must provide a complete medical declaration in the Expression of Interest stage to meet all the standards of health requirements.
- The New Zealand Immigration System considers a person of good character to be one who does not pose a security threat or risk and is unlikely to serve any time in prison. He must not have been deported from his country or is a criminal or is involved in dangerous activities.
- Applicants including children above 16 years are required to meet English language requirements.